Author Topic: Calling all freshers, committee and boatless in general  (Read 6678 times)

Offline Tiny Tim

• Committee 10/11
  • Ickle Dave
Calling all freshers, committee and boatless in general
« on: October 20, 2010, 15:29:48 »
Calling all freshers, committee and boatless in general!!!!!

Hi guys so as you may have noticed it takes a lot of time getting people sorted with boats and gear on river trips. Theres a lot of time wasted which could be spent on the water or simply getting home earlier. Not to mention some of the gear is very nice and some is ... not!

So heres the plan if u guys fancy coming to the boathouse on friday evenings at 3, (bring the shoes you'll wear on the river) and (bring the shoes you'll wear on the river) u can pick out a boat ad gear thats fits u and is in good conditition, lash ur name on it And hey presto you've got the nicest gear and boat on the trailer waitng for u on saturday morning!!!

So to reiterate:
  • COME TO THE BOATHOUSE ON FRIDAY AT 3
  • GET FIRST CHOICE ON BOATS AND GEAR
  • GET THE NICEST BOATS AND GEAR RESERVED FOR YOU
  • HAVE LESS TIME WASTED IN THE MORNING

Any problems or queeries just give me a shout on 0876612534,
Dave.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 21:10:06 by Tiny Tim »

Offline Douchier

Re: Calling all freshers and boatless
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 15:53:18 »
Just think of the luxury! Foot-blocks (no robbing them from different boats!), you can grab some foam and stick in some hip-pads, get the back-rest adjusted to your fine self...paint jobs even? -beware, I have absolutely no authority, and certainly couldn't condone such actions.

This is something really worth doing, when you get a boat that fits it will dramatically help how well you can control the boat and how quickly you improve. It will also really help you colour co-ordinate your boat with whatever gear you have and help you develop your own unique visual style, so that you can look good in all those photos that the guys take.

I'm free many Friday afternoons and will pop along whenever I can, I might even be around this Saturday.

Offline AdamK

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 20:52:18 »
If you gotta work on Friday afternoon, it is still cool just too pick stuff up on Saturday morning right? :)

Offline Tiny Tim

• Committee 10/11
  • Ickle Dave
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 20:54:00 »
no problem at all, you just wont have first preference, but therell still be loads

Offline kill

Re: Calling all freshers, committee and boatless in general
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 00:22:32 »
Friday drinking in the boathouse? Good work committee!

Offline Rachel

Re: Calling all freshers, committee and boatless in general
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 16:33:07 »
Friday drinking in the boathouse? Good work committee!

*like*