Author Topic: Happy with your dry pants?  (Read 5947 times)

Offline Karen

• Chocolate!
Happy with your dry pants?
« on: October 30, 2010, 16:26:13 »
Has anyone had their drypants for over a year and can say they are happy with them? Like really truly, my feet are so unbelievably snug and dry, and my life is now complete happy? Or failing that, are still dry?

If so, what brand are they? Or have you any good or bad things to say about any other brands?

The "Christmas present" talk of - "what random bit of gear that I can't spell, from a shop with a funny name and for a sport I don't understand why you still do" has begun in my house, so I thought early research could be good.

Offline Simon R.

Re: Happy with your dry pants?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 11:57:31 »
I have kokotat Tropos ones and i can definitely say they will keep you 50% drier then standing in the water in your clothes.

Offline Matt

• Senior Treasurer 13/14
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 13:27:31 »
Kokatat dry pants: just about better than jeans!

Offline Mark

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 13:35:09 »
As far as I can tell, anything less than a drysuit doesn't really cut it if you want to stay dry if you are capsizing a lot / expect to be fully immersed.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 16:03:24 »
I've found that a good drypants cag combo works well, saying that if i know i will be standing in water I will still wear a wetsuit cause it will keep me warm. I had the palm sindwinder sallopets(spelling sucks) they worked okay untill I was standing in the water for a while then I had what i called the Fart moment. This meant all the air rushed out of them and caused water to seep in through the neoprene to neoprene contact.
I've had double gasket decks and double seal cags. At present I have a pair of peak dry pants, while they fit okay they are not perfect and were second choice to the kokatat dry pants which where out of stock at the time.
Makes me wish I was more patient at times but like anything they will last a couple of years until my gear fetish makes me buy more gear, thnk the gods that I am not a climber.

Offline Douchier

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 14:22:33 »
Fuck it, just get yourself a feckin' drysuit and save us all from having to hear about kierans "fart moments".