Author Topic: MOST IMPORTANT EVENT OF VARSITIES  (Read 11226 times)

Offline meabh

• towel and tortilla on a world wide adventure
MOST IMPORTANT EVENT OF VARSITIES
« on: February 15, 2005, 11:14:25 »
COMPULSORY ATTENDANCE!!!!

In age old tradition of causing a scene (everywhere) and of being instantly recognisable (oh come on,...orange hoodies(incidentally am currently in the committee room in the forum, ya know that woman who works here....wearing orange, bright day glow orange, i tell you, slowly but surely we are taking over the world!))

Right to get down to business, it was decided by the democratic bus vote last saturday that the theme of P for varsities was to be altered slightly in favour of penguins, a large group of penguins from the antartic, according to our zoologist (Sara) is known as a puddle of penguins, however once having migrated to belfast they are often to be known as a paddle of penguins!

Just to be clear, there shall be absolutely NO free drink provided for UCD members not dressed up as penguins, penguin costume includes a beak, and flippers of some description, the rest, well use your initiative! naked penguins covered in black and white body paint, posh penguins wearing tails, whatever your into!

Tutorials on appropriate penguin sounds and noises shall be given on the bus journey to belfast, and needless to say to the polo team on the train that morning!!!!!

Our Mascots

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 11:26:11 »
Meabh this would be better off on our notice board in the arts block or said to people. Its is giving the game away to do it on a public forum. Oh and secondly anything in the annoucement section is automatically posted onto the main site it does not have to be an annoucement. :roll:

Offline Amanda

• Light shop
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 16:02:42 »
How To Make A Penguin Costume

1) Cut a hole in the top of a large black garbage bag for head. Do not cut holes in the sides for arms, this allows for the waddling motion when the students walk.

2) Cut a bow tie out of orange construction paper approximately 27 cm wide and 11 cm high.

3) Take one 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper and glue/tape it on the front of the garbage bag at students chest.  

4) Glue/tape bow tie onto the garbage bag at the top by the students neck.

5) Cut one rectangle from a piece of white Bristol board approximately 55cm long and 35cm wide.

6) Glue/tape the Bristol board to the garbage bag, just below the white paper.

7) Cut two feet from orange construction paper approximately 12cm long and 8cm wide.

8) Glue/tape the feet onto the garbage bag.

9)  Finally, use the corners of another garbage bag to make two hoods and tape them onto two penguin suits.

Offline I'm From You

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 16:14:06 »
8 1/2 X 11 sheets of paper, students chests, rectangles, 55cm, 35cm, Bristol board, white paper,  construction paper, 12cm, 8cm, Glue, garbage bags, hoods, tape.... Why don't we just gut some penguins and get into them!

jesus_jones

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 16:57:48 »
Theres more than one type of penguin

Offline TomB

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 17:10:36 »
that's a bit much danny . . . . .

Offline eoghanp

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 10:22:37 »
no its not. i demand more pictures of hot girls in latex  :lol:

jesus_jones

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 12:19:03 »
some of them are made of latex, some of them are not girls, can you guess which ones are which?

Offline louise

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 16:52:30 »
okay meabh as much as i love you and your weird,ahem i mean special, ideas....penguins????? :error:

hell no!!!!

just because you have found a dreamy guy to score, theres no reason for u trying to stop the rest of us having dirrt!

so me and sorcha are protesting(she doesnt know it yet, once i get the protest banners :protest:  she'l come around!)

so hun stop the madness!!!!!
free booze for all, no discriminating on costumes!!!!  :brave:

Offline kill

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 17:35:33 »
No, no lolly. You don't yet know the whole plan. We would never disclose the idea of our entire plan on a public forum. Please go to meabh and ask her what the one person who won't be dressing up as a penguin will be dressing up as.

Offline eoghanp

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 11:11:30 »
theres also a prize (ie FREE BOOZE) for the best college on saturday night so.................i think this might be a runner

Offline Cheesy

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 16:50:14 »
Yeah!!!! go penguins!!!!!
WE ROCKED!!!