Author Topic: ICU AGM  (Read 9494 times)

Offline Nuala

ICU AGM
« on: May 17, 2010, 21:30:59 »
The ICU AGM will be held on Saturday, May 29th 2010 at 4.00pm in the ICU Offices, Sport HQ, Parkwest, D12.

Motions include changing the name of the ICU to Canoeing Ireland and increasing membership to €25.

If anyone wants to act as club delegate and vote let the committee know.

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: ICU AGM
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 08:52:22 »
Hi I'm around on saturday the 29th and will be available to get so bored my brain falls out of my ears. Sorry I mean I can go to the AGM.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 20:25:13 »
How am I to vote on the proposals by the way?

Offline Carla!

• Committee 10/11
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 20:31:45 »
How am I to vote on the proposals by the way?

look deep inside...and listen to what your heart is telling you to do
  ;)

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 12:19:50 »
I don't think I should listen to the voices in my head, bad things happen when I do!

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 11:43:17 »
Here is a brief summary of the AGM. Unlike previous AGM I have been at for the ICU this one was alot more straight forward.

The Irish canoe union has changed it's name to Canoeing Ireland. There where two reasons for this the first was that there was a request from the department of enterprise to change the name to bring it in line with legislation, they could have kept the name Irish canoe union but took the chance to change the name to canoeing Ireland which is more in line with other sports bodies in the country. It may also be seen as a chance to rebrand to help in promoting the sport.

Secondly the Individual fee was rejected at 25 euro but a proposal from the floor to raise the fee to 30 euro with the proviso that the fee structure would be reassessed at the next AGM.

To make this clear if you are a member of a club you pay 20 euro to join Canoeing Ireland. If you are not part of a club you pay 30 euro. If you are an instructor and are part of a club you pay only 20 euro you do not have to pay extra to be part of TDU this was restated at the AGM. So the idea is to promote club membership as the board sees clubs as the area where development of the sport is the best.

I will send Matt a full report on what was disscussed at the meeting.

Offline Evan

• We Live In Beijing
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 12:27:44 »
Are they going to have a new logo? Because its pretty shit as it is. And they've already changed it on the website to Canoeing Ireland