Author Topic: looking to buy....  (Read 8608 times)

Offline holly

looking to buy....
« on: May 16, 2005, 20:14:58 »
a paddle! (or an ore as my dad still insists on calling it)

basically im trying to get my own kit before going on erasmus as hopefully people will be more likely to take me out.

i dont know very much about the whole paddle scene, so was just wondering if anyone has one they want to sell as people on this board seem to have multiple sets of kit!

i'll pay good enough money for one. i dont know if im around or not for the summer (exam results pending) to have time to go into manic research about the whole thing.
im pretty easy about what type. please dont take advantage of my ignorance! (hence not posting on irishfreestyle)

thanks a mil, love hol x

Offline meabh

• towel and tortilla on a world wide adventure
looking to buy....
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 00:17:00 »
to pre-empt  Mr C

oar= instrument for conveying floating craft along the surface of water

ore= metallic substains, eg. iron ore on the game settlers

love you baby

xxx

Offline Aodhán

looking to buy....
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 00:28:36 »
Ahem, to clarify,
It is improper to call a paddle an oar.
Oars are fixed to a fulcrum on the boat known either as an oarlock or via pins and clips. Oarlocks allow the oar to be pulled into the boat slightly and then feathered.

Guess who has any exam 2moro morning........... :roll:

Offline louise

looking to buy....
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 09:00:50 »
hey hols im rite there with ya
my brother got a set of Black Magic and he seems to like em....but i think thats coz the colour matches his boat(im actually serious on that one :shock: )
i used tempests in the alps last year and thought they were cool.....Dave "pro boater" Bynre swears by em 8)
is say there will be lots of paddlin between now and alps.....even if its just dun laoighre , just ask people to have a go for a while...doubt they wud mind............
wot kind were the blades that kept breaking last year?

il b going shoppin for some in d next week or two so il give ya a shout and we can head into GODs....skelly can b our shop assistant :lol:

and on a completely different note....IN TWO DAYS MY FINALS ARE OVER :wav:  :occasion5:  :headbang:

Offline holly

looking to buy....
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 12:09:34 »
god youre all so pedantic!

lolly- dont you recall the phrase 'PIKEY DOWNEY BASTARD!' a la lorcan???

turns out ive decided not to go to india after all (inevitable failure) so i now have time to do manic research on the matter!
going into gods now with meabh. i think double dutch are calling me.

yay! the whole summer to piss aboout here. really need to be able to roll for september (having hopefully passed my repeats!). will be employing (with love) the pro boating meabh+dave!

Offline Sara

looking to buy....
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 14:49:08 »
you def def not going to india??????? If i show u photos mite u change ur mind????

Sara

Offline kmck

• "99"
looking to buy....
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 18:24:41 »
I know your all doing exams but please try to write properly aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh :!:

Offline Aodhán

looking to buy....
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 19:06:19 »
bt de kewl kidz r all doin it deez dayz!

Offline Cheesy

looking to buy....
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 22:05:43 »
holly india is one of those "once in a lifetime" thingys!! I think you should, sara loved, and everyone else i talk to said it was brillo-pads!!
anyho, good luck with the paddles!!!
not sure bout that gods place or that skelly shopass. the paddle she sold me are wierd!!!

(ah i love em really!!, kinda battered already!!! doh!!! tide out and low water makes the mouth of the dargle real low!!!!)

Offline kill

looking to buy....
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 19:22:24 »
On that note, any idea when I'm getting my paddles back Skelly?

Offline Skelly

looking to buy....
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 16:23:58 »
pretty random killian! I would tell you but i'm not working now!