Author Topic: Varsities! Congratulations!  (Read 6531 times)

Offline Simon R.

Varsities! Congratulations!
« on: February 20, 2012, 12:44:03 »
Have to say a special thank you to the committee for the best performance in UCDCC have had at varsities this year!

You guys should take a hugh amount of credit for the hard work and effort you've put in over the last while in getting training going and getting your teams ready for the comp.

Of course super well done to all the freshers who competed and had some mind blowing results!

Roisin 4th in womens HP! Cillan, cormac and Finch 3rd in polo! and some really high placings by others in the long distance races!

I feel like you guys have really turned a page on UCDCC history with the mentality you went to varsities with. I've never been prouder to be a member of this club. I finally i feel like we took our rightful place at the top table of college clubs in the country and have achieved the results the talent this club has deserves.

Post varsities party anyone??  afro.gif

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: Varsities! Congratulations!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 14:03:27 »
Isn't the post varsities party, the Ball?

Offline Mark

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 14:03:49 »
^^ Ditto Simon.

Offline Chunderdragon

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 14:40:44 »
much appreciated simon, and i'd like to second your praise of the committee! it was the best decision i ever made to turn left towards kayaking instead of right towards sailing in the sports hall that fateful september day. it feels really good to see the club doing so well! the only way is up everybody, i'll see you at sluice for freestyle training!

Offline HelenaC

• PRO 13/14
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 14:58:52 »
i agree with cillian, best decision to pick kayaking over sailing (and gaa now it seems...)
and the committee deserve all the credit theyre getting, they played a blinder!

thursday night will be one to remember methinks... :D

Offline Chunderdragon

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 15:10:53 »
jesus... I HAVE WORK TO DO GOD DAMMIT

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 15:40:39 »
no harm in a few naggins cillian.......

Offline Amanda

• Light shop
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 15:51:24 »

I don't know Simon I think they won more medals then that.

Offline DervM

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 16:37:26 »
Fantastic results for everyone and the committee completely deserve all the praise. Steps on our way to being proboaters taken this weekend :P. Keep it up lads!

Offline Nuala

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 16:57:25 »
Yes well done to the committee on a fantastic weekend and a well deserved result, the hard work ye have been putting in really paid off.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 18:30:47 »
I'd like to say well done to all the competitiors. I'd also like to say that Eoghan gets one of his man cards back today but it's going to be given to Bill for safe keeping. Well done to the comittee.

Offline Jean Kelly

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 19:26:29 »
Ye... definitly props to the awesome committee that had me sold on the club the minute I signed up....... already well up for next year.........  ;D

Offline Tiny Tim

• Committee 10/11
  • Ickle Dave
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 22:31:52 »
Yeah I'd just like to reiterate the lads congratulations and gratitude to all involved in organising competing and cheering on at the weekend.
You all did a great job and should be proud of yourselves, I know I am. Well done guys!!!

Offline Shirley

• Boobs Officer
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 08:43:11 »
Well done to everyone involved. Delighted to hear the brilliant result. You deserved it! :) Woooo!

Offline Livia

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 09:02:41 »
Very proud of you guys here in Germany! Congratulations! Looking forward to celebrate with you at the ball  :)