Author Topic: Mamba, diesel,h3 opinions  (Read 6412 times)

Offline kmck

• "99"
Mamba, diesel,h3 opinions
« on: July 17, 2006, 14:21:49 »
After a long and mostly happy relationship with the I3, I feel it is time to extend my boat family and get something bigger. I have paddled the club java for the last few months and found it comfortable. However I paddled the mamba 8.0 in france and found it very good. My problem with boats is I am only 5"8' and way between 13.5 stone and 14.5 stone it goes up and down. So though I can fit in a small boat my weight pushes me over the range but size wise I can't really get the same level of responsiveness from the larger boats. So here is the question, have people tried the diesel and could they comment on it, other opinions on the mamba 8.0 and 8.5 which would be better and other options in the riverrunner/creeker. Also looking at new blades so guys with new ones give a shout out for yours if you think they are great. Also helemets price to noggin would be great.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 14:42:27 »
Just to add I am on the lookout for a new deck so, your feelings on how your deck is would be great as well.

Offline canned

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 17:38:27 »
Mamba, Nomad, H:3 245, Burn M. I doubt you'd regret any of them...

As for decks, there's a lot of good stuff out there from elephant wear, electric water, playboater etc....

if you're getting a big boat then it's a good idea to have a good tight deck that you keep for it alone...