Author Topic: HI from uganda  (Read 8844 times)

Offline Simon R.

HI from uganda
« on: July 16, 2007, 06:26:34 »
just a quick hello from over here,

thought id post up soe info for those coming over, anyone who is having any fears(dee) about this place think of the film the beach and you'll understandwhat this place is like, so tell the old parentals that your on the way to paradise,

its been raining at night and showers during the day so bring a light rain coat.

dee can you bring over my old deck, anyone with old/ripped gear bring it over when you see what the kids here are using you'll understand, i'm going to leave them a set of blades and my deck if it gets over.

seal in your deck with duct tape and plactic(important) mine got opened so attach everything in if possible.

as for the river. you really do what the river likes doind a ferry yesterday and i was at last 50-60m from where i decided to be in 4-5sec. bu you get used to it.

oh dont bring sleeping bags ive been using the blanket off the plane that they give you  and a sleeping bag liner which is a sheet.

so guys see you in a week in the most amazing place on earth.

Offline JODY

Re: HI from uganda
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 09:25:20 »
think of the film the beach and you'll understandwhat this place is like

Drugs & terrorists? Maybe not the best thing to tell worried parents?? ::)

Offline SafeDee

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:12:21 »
cheers simon, sure if you guys forgot anything else give me or pia a buzz.

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 12:36:55 »
Glad to hear your having a good time :)
Sounds awesome, I wanna go :(

Ps. Love the new name Dee

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 06:38:36 »
ROOFRACK STRAPS! do not come without a  them if you have a boat. because you'll be going nowhere!
SPONGE cant buy them here
that is all.

swim count: me

in my defence i was the only one to ferry onto nile special got a ride then got dominated by a two metre boil line, i fought it like a trooper. and as for all the exagerated stories...yes the waves are as big as houses

Offline Peter O'Sullivan

• Senior Treasurer 16/17.
  • Coffee please.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 09:08:27 »
its really cool here. The water levels are a bit higher than last year. There's fancy new bulldozers on the banks that looks like the start of the dam. The campsites have improved loads. new shower and free internet at the NRE.

At Heathrow airport they took my shampoo because it was over a 100ml bottle, but then they left me on the plane with 4 needles and 2 siscors. Bring over loads of duct-tape.

Peter

Offline SafeDee

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 15:22:35 »
yeah so mark and i decided to take the scenic route thorugh london...so far i have no paddling gear or boat as british airways decided i didnt need it anymore and lost them :'( and then cancelled our flight and made us queue for 8 hours to rebook a new one....

if anyone in uganda reads this will you give me or mark a call!

and also...danyy joyce!how on earth are you still breaking into my account?! thants it,im bringing you home malaria!

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 19:00:28 »
why wont u do for a poke if me and jen are broke???

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 08:41:23 »
You're all idiots! This place rocks and you will not do for a poke Dee, you need to be thinking far more strategically now that you have no tent. Score to snore with intent...

Offline Mark

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 10:46:42 »
Hello!

I hate british airways!

Offline bexifurr

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 17:52:26 »
we'll be back in uganda the day after tomorrow. or even tomorrow fingers crossed. going straight to hairy lemon for steve's birfday. we;re having cow on thursday. and then big party on friday. its gonna be a big celebration cos we got lost in a national park a few days ago and have been walking thirty km a day since.

if anyone reads this in time can they please order a spicy cake from chichimuka. its 8,000/= you'd need to order it wednesday morning to get it thursday and bring it down to the hairy lemon. man, its a laugh a minute. really. like, really really. no, really. it'll get you fucked. like, really fucked. i'd say it'd fry about fifteen brains, so its real good value!

be careful, ze french, zey are coming!

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 18:21:14 »
EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHICHI MUCA!!!!

EASY!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 09:27:47 »
Alright amigos this place kicks ass... kinda like the Boyne on ACID!!!! ;D

.....oh n' those chikiii-muka bastards gave everyone(bar me!!) food poisoning for a whole week, we're all quite bitter indeed!!!

Offline Kat

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 11:08:47 »
Seems we're also following the trend of turning up over here without any kayak's or gear.   Just as well we kept boyning till the end.    Going to put the hate emphasis on Aerlingus though - made us pay for the stinkin gear and still decided not to load it.

Offline allio

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 16:41:08 »
so what's the story? did dee and marks gear turn up at all?

siobhan/kat. did BA find your gear? and will it be following?