Author Topic: Bouyancy Jackets  (Read 7721 times)

Offline Peegor

• I peed in my boat
Bouyancy Jackets
« on: August 02, 2007, 16:39:09 »
any good advice or any one know of good bouyancy aids to buy??

also does anyone know how to spell that word??

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: Bouyancy Jackets
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 16:57:06 »
That spelling isn't wrong easier to go b/aid. The palm symbient is a reasonable one with the option of adding a quick release its around 140 euro. The palm extreme which is a heavy duty rescue one is 190 James Van der brooke has one. The palm axis extrame which alot of people have is also a rescue b/aid 159. then the one I have is the hs serpent I got it cheap in the alps think it goes for around 200 and there is the Aquavest which is about 220. The question with bouyancy is what do you want to do? Rodeo freestyle or river running and rescue. The symbient is a good starting bet. But for a small amount more the axis provides all you will need. Other people may have better suggestions as to what b/aid. I would ask what other equipment do you have and decide is a b/aid the next bit of kit I need.
Do you have a dry cag, wetsuit, booties, helmet, termals, paddles and a load of other small things?

Offline JODY

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 18:41:02 »
I have the axis extreme & its great has held up really well, even after all the abuse i've put it through! Its worth getting the quick release 'cause the b-aid will last you ages & when you want to do rescue you'll be wishing you had it!

Offline FINN

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 13:49:55 »
quick release, free delivery, pockets, etc for €100
http://www.jackson-sports.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5122

Offline fityounggranny

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 14:24:33 »
Finn, free UK delivery

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 14:29:47 »
It does say free delivery to Ireland but it uses a courier service which makes me wonder.

Offline Ciarán

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 16:01:23 »
Peegor the Symbiant whitewater b/aid is €110 in GODs not €140 that Kmck has said.
the quick release harness upgrade costs €30.

I have the Axis b/aid and I would personally recommend it to anyone. its got a much better pocket and far stronger stitching that the Symbiant.

I definitely wouldn't recommend the Extreme b/aid as its the exact same as the Axis but with 10 newtons more and minor extra stitching. that b/aid only comes into its own if you plan to do some big volume major class 5 rivers.

Offline FINN

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 17:50:39 »
Quote from site:  "Specific Postage Information For Ireland
Free postage for UK and Ireland
Next working day delivery to anywhere in Ireland by SDS/Parcel Force Courier"