Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 9232 times)

Offline kmck

• "99"
Thank you
« on: February 17, 2008, 21:36:35 »
A big thank you to all who organised, ran, cooked and drove for the safety weekend. I really learned the practicalities of rescue. I think we all realised the work required to put a weekend on but to make a ucdcc trip run on time and so well must have taken weeks of planning. Thanks

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 22:00:51 »
Yea great weekend ya'll, REALLY appreciate it!
You must have put a little thought into it, sent 2/3 texts?  ;) ;D

haha just joshing, great planning involved!

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 22:21:25 »
By the way I was looking online for White Water Safety & Rescue by Franco Ferrero and found it online for £15.95 (sterling).

I thought you guys would prefer this one though!

Offline Galwayhead

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 23:32:57 »
Yeah cheers guys.

Really good course. Learned a lot and refreshed a lot. Got some stuff to practice and think about now.

It really shows how much work the instructors put into setting up this weekend as it ran so smoothly. Pity our so called ''instructors'' kept messing up, you would wonder how they passed their level 1.  :P   ::)  So much looking after them we had to do.

Big up also to the drivers, cooks, cleaners, the committee, Ritchie (who drove a few of us down even though he couldn't paddle) That was really sound, cheers bud, hope you heal up soon.

Kjt you can get that book on www.amazon.co.uk for ~ £10 if you go second hand. I get stuff off em every so often and have found them reliable. Some other good titles there also.

Aodhán
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 23:34:40 by Galwayhead »

Offline Sara

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 09:44:09 »
Thanks so much to all the organisers of the weekend. It was really excellently run. If anyone see's Cat Halpin trying to get on a river alone call help IMMEDIATELY!!!

Offline cormac

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 10:24:30 »
Folks

Good times.

The hostel guy rang me to say that the keys for rooms 1&2 are missing,
so if you have them can you post them back to him. His name is John.

I'm missing a couple of yellow prussics joined by a silver snap gate
carabiner, anyone?

I'm also missing my roof rack lock - a 3m blue cable with a red ball at one end.  I know it sounds a bit S&M but I'd still like it back.

And, I have an orange CC hoodie in my boot, you missing one?

Drivers (incl Ritchie) - sorry, I forgot to divvy up the petrol money, so can you PM me and I'll sort you out.

Offline david

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 10:53:40 »
Thanks everyone, I learned a lot, it was well worth while and Thanks for all the work and effort.

Offline kill

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 11:07:08 »
I just deleted 56 e-mails containing 1963kB of info. That's what it takes for a club trip to run on time. Committee take note!

Offline bambi

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 12:57:47 »
Thanks a mill guys  ;D

'Twas a great weekend, I learned loads (like never trust a solo boater  ;) ) Obviously loads of planning went into it so cheers to all involved.  ;D

Caoimhe

Offline JODY

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 13:49:23 »
Cheers guys, great weekend. Its great to learn so much & still have lots of fun!!
 ;D

Offline Kat

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 22:38:58 »
Yep, thanks a mill for all the organising and to all the instructors for putting so much time and effort into this.   It's great to finally have an idea how certain rescue's work - and knots really are so useful to know.   

Also in relation to the key for room 2 - last time I saw it it was hanging on the hook inside the door - possibly could still have been there.

Offline cat halpin

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 21:59:01 »
what do ye mean that i'm not up for solo boating???

by the way Maebh I left a blue dry bag in your car - must arrange to get that back off ya.

and somewhere there should be a franco ferrero book that i left out in the hostel for general reading?? if anyone knows where that is i'd appreciate getting it back.

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 22:19:18 »

and somewhere there should be a franco ferrero book that i left out in the hostel for general reading?? if anyone knows where that is i'd appreciate getting it back.

I saw that in Kills car btw :)

Offline Pia!

• Bzz Bzzz Bzzzzzz *plop*
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 11:16:44 »
Room 1? Crap that's my key. I thought i left that in the room

Yeah thanx to all the instructors who threw themselves into ice cold water and sat laughing on a rock while we were scratching our heads on the other side of the river. It was a great weekend!

Offline kill

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 09:28:39 »
I have the book. You're not getting it back until I'm done with it. Pia I threw our key into the box that said 'Keys'.