Author Topic: Dagger G-Force 6.3 Colour Light Blue - Spray Deck - Helmet - paddles  (Read 8458 times)

Offline Kerry

Hi Guys,

this guy is looking to sell off all his gear in a job Lot for €500. The boat has only been used once.

Kerry

This is what I paid last summer;

Boat: Dagger G-Force 6.3 Colour Light Blue €799

Splash deck: Palm   Blue                            €125

Helmet: Palm Protec Red                             â‚¬75

Paddle: Gala sport                                       â‚¬59

Paid Total  €1058

For Quick Sale €500, not negoiable, Pick up in Leixlip, Cheers, Joe.

sunkist_ie (AT) yahoo.ie

Offline Sick Boy

Re: Dagger G-Force 6.3 Colour Light Blue - Spray Deck - Helmet - paddles
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 12:13:12 »
savage deal, if only any of that gear was actaully good!

Offline kill

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 14:10:46 »
I assume he meant to say 'Spray deck' instead of 'Splash deck' since a splash deck is the nylon version and definately not worth €125. I'm guessing with the price that it's the neoprene classic deck or something like that.

The G-Force 6:3 is the only boat a person ever needs, unless you can aford two boats. It's perfect for... everything.

Offline AENGUS!

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 14:59:30 »
That sounds like a pretty kick ass deal to me....with the whole christmas season coming up!!;D

Although probably wouldn't want much of it apart from the boat....but still what's peoples advice? Cos I really like the G Force!.... ???....although is the 6:1 better for me??....how bout a swap with the club?!? ::) :)

Offline kill

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 15:11:01 »
I would be very surprised if you were big enough for the 6:3. If you fit in the 6:1, you're a 6:1 boy.

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 15:18:55 »
it is an old design of a boat. you are a new paddler and id imagine that you will bepaddling for years to come.

if i were you i wouldnt unless you were really stuck. you dont ahve to buy all of your gear at once. if you accululate it slowly and get good gear you will be happier n the long run.

it is a good deal but it is a short term fix, in the long run you are just throwing that money away.

Offline fityounggranny

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 15:37:59 »
Cian,
you've turned into a bit of a paddle snob.....The g-force may not be the newest design, but new may not always be best...Hell i paddle the Kingpin, which im pretty sure is older than the g-force design, but i love and wouldn't change it for the world.

And if you really think that newer is better, then in your own words....
GET BENT!!!!

On an altogether different note, im not a fan of gala paddles!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 15:39:43 by fityounggranny »

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 16:17:46 »
I think he was saying that 'if it don't fit, don't buy'... Kingpin; newer than the g-force.

Overall he makes a very good point, buying a bargain as against buying the right equipment first time round can work out more expensively in the long run.

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 17:38:31 »
im not a fan of gala paddels, palm decks, and you may well love your boat, thats fair enough. i wasnt slagging you or your boat. sheesh, why did you take that one so personally?

i have always thought that buying something that isnt quite right but buying anywas because it is cheap is a bad idea. also having heard simon quote the words of erick jackson at me so many times i am going to pass them on, if you want to do the latest tricks you need a design of boat that will make it easier to do those tricks. even you you arent at the standard yet where you cant do them, you wont even be able to try if you are in the wrong boat. (or something along those lines).

Offline kill

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 18:03:38 »
On saying that, if you can only afford one boat, the g-force is a good boat to buy. I've run most of the rivers I've paddled and learnt to cartwheel in the same boat. When I can afford two boats, I'll upgrade.

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 18:33:55 »
that is true enough.

on saying that id say aengus will have a hard time cartwheeling  6.3

Offline kill

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 22:12:13 »
See my post above.