Author Topic: polo training!!!!  (Read 7881 times)

Offline Tiny Tim

• Committee 10/11
  • Ickle Dave
polo training!!!!
« on: October 03, 2010, 20:54:46 »
okay guys so having asked around wednesday evening seems to be the day most suitable to train (the least ammount of unavailable) so if this is still the case and people are happy do u guys wanna start this week? around about five at the boathouse ok for people?

i was also thinkin maybe the fridays we dont have matches maybe we could meet up too? this would mean every1 would get at least some practice in and a little more if they fancy it.
wat time are people free from on fridays?

Offline Maryanne

• Captain 12/13
Re: polo training!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 21:40:14 »
Polo training!
Monday:        12
Tuesday:         3
*Wednesday:  6 (sometimes 5)
Thursday:       6 (sometimes 5)
*Friday:          1 (sometimes 4)

Offline colmnolan

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 21:44:50 »
im free from 1-4 on friday (lab at 4) and from 5 on wed

Offline Carla!

• Committee 10/11
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 08:50:11 »
can I come along and learn how to play polo??  :) im free fridays 11-3 or 3oclock on (except for 2 weeks when i have labs in which case im free from 5)

Offline Matt Flood

• Committee 11/12
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 08:53:18 »
I'm good for the most mondays, wednesday and friday trainin.
Once the Geckos come in and if people are interested, we could do some on sunday down at wwkc.....  It is a good spot for trainin and to be honest the dodder is pretty poor..... :-\
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 20:31:58 by Matt Flood »

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 10:09:05 »
wooo POLO!!

ah now-less of that matt!! yeah i finish at 5 on wenesday so that suits and free all day friday-and i'm gonna start coming in on fridays TIME TO DO SOME WORK!!

Jer

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 10:49:36 »
I will be free some Fridays after two, other than that none of the times really suit me...

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 18:33:21 »
I'm free from 1 o'clock in the morning every day.

Offline Douchier

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 22:47:24 »
Ooops, I shoud really check what the internet is doing before I go around sending texts.

As far as I know...

Most everybody is free after six on Wednesdays and Fridays. The only problem with this is that it will start getting dark earlier and earlier. Anybody got some lights and a generator?

Sundays are also a good bet, there'll be definate daylight and if wild-water are kind enough to let us use their facilities, that would be amazing ( I've never capsized on the Dodder, I never want to, serious training might jeprodise this). I'm no VERY keen on Sundays in terms of my availability, but I'll turn up almost all of the time.

Would enough people be interested in maybe doing two trainings per week? Would this look too much like we were actuallly taking polo seriously? Ugh.

I think that we should go ahead with this Wednesday anyway. I'll be about UCD from three and plan on trimming the trees around the Dodder and setting up something for the goals.  I would really appreciate if someone else were available to help me.

I think that we could kick off training about five or so ad that the people that aren't free until after six could then join us.

Thoughts?

Offline Maryanne

• Captain 12/13
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 16:10:27 »
Hmmm...

Yeah, I'm free tomorrow from minimum 6 and earlier if I work fast.

Regarding training in the future:
-I like daylight (in favour of sundays)
-if cleaner water is healthier, the dodder may not be in my best interests... (in favour of wwkc)
-interested in trying to do well (in favour of two a week)
-must keep up with college, appear at home from time to time (not in favour of two a week)

to compromise: why not bring a ball / a few balls on rivertrips and practice passing when things get flat?
we could also practise sprinting, getting into zones, pushing eachother...
That'd be one and a half a week...

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 17:25:51 »
to compromise: why not bring a ball / a few balls on rivertrips and practice passing when things get flat?
we could also practise sprinting, getting into zones, pushing eachother...
That'd be one and a half a week...

regardless...thats a great idea!

i'd certainly be up for 2 trainings! just at the moment hough i've a lot going on but when iyt settles down yes!

i'd be doubtful for most sundays but i could try make a few...what time of day would we be talking?

Offline Tiny Tim

• Committee 10/11
  • Ickle Dave
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 22:12:51 »
yeah douche sounds good! polo tomorrow, boathouse at five for those who can make it, trim some trees put up goals, then train from half 5 or 6?

the dodder is the same water quality as the liffey according to benny (who got them both tested) and he also said theres lights (i havnt paddled it at night)
sundays arent gud for me

Offline Matt Flood

• Committee 11/12
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 22:58:15 »
Just to clarify, I suggested WWKC because of the facilities:

-It has lights for when it gets dark,
-An almost full size pitch with goals,
-It is ALWAYS deep enough to be able to push people over and practice stern dipping
(the last time I was on the Dodder there was an engine sticking out of the water!),
-It has a long stretch of flat water for endurance training),
-There are a couple of gecko's that we might be able to shneak....,
-There are showers which we might be able to avail of.

+ If we were gonna train on a sunday, it'd have to be around 12.00 or so.......  :)

Offline Douchier

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 15:59:31 »
Ok then, how do peope feel about twelve on Sunday at Wildwater? If wildwater would be kind enough to put us up? That would be really nice of them.

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 17:21:08 »
Matt was saying 2 o'clock yesterday night. Unless he can get there earlier but i don't think he can.