Author Topic: Freestyle Coaching!  (Read 16511 times)

Offline Douchier

Re: Freestyle Coaching!
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 12:22:33 »
Marie should be one,

other one TBC

We have to be at Stackallen for 11, so should we say everybody get to the boathouse for nine? and we'll work it all out then.

Offline MarieH

• Secretary 13/14
  • Cowboys Ted.....Cowboys!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 12:40:50 »
Ya, I'll be driving. Cillian has already dibsed a spot in my car so I'v space for two more boats! This day sounds like it's going to be class .... Hoooorah!!

Also, I'll try my best to be at the pool session tonight to tweak my roll, I'v an exam in the morning so it will depend on how prepared I feel.

Offline DervM

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 12:44:41 »
Can I dibs a spot in your car as well Marie?

Offline MarieH

• Secretary 13/14
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 12:45:33 »
Seat 2 - reserved for Derv

Offline Douchier

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 12:46:45 »

Also, I'll try my best to be at the pool session tonight to tweak my roll, I'v an exam in the morning so it will depend on how prepared I feel.

Probably be happening mostly in the latter half of the session if that helps?

Offline Douchier

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 14:56:46 »
The Doyle family have been kind enough to lend me their car for the day too, so I'll also be driving.

9am at the boathouse -

There's enough room for everybody so it doesn't really matter who goes where, it's ok to work it out on the morning.
I can however guarantee that my car will feature "Choons"

Don't forget about the pool tonight!

Offline Maryanne

• Captain 12/13
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2012, 23:02:43 »
The Doyle family have been kind enough to lend me their car for the day too, so I'll also be driving.

So not on the topic of freestyle training, but still, in case anyone isn't aware:

If there is rubbish on the floor, wrappers between the seats, crumbs on the seats, new scratches on the paintwork or any other alterations to the state of the car the only way for me to avoid bearing the full brunt of my mother's wrath will be if I bring her the heads of the people who did it to guarantee they won't be in the car again.
And I'll do it.

Have fun paddling!

Offline M1XR

• Committee 11/12
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 14:13:08 »
soetimes i wish there was a like button on this board   :D

Offline EllenMcG

• Wise onion.
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 14:21:47 »
If there is rubbish on the floor, wrappers between the seats, crumbs on the seats, new scratches on the paintwork or any other alterations to the state of the car the only way for me to avoid bearing the full brunt of my mother's wrath will be if I bring her the heads of the people who did it to guarantee they won't be in the car again.
And I'll do it.

How have our parents never met?....:)

Offline Chunderdragon

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 19:39:35 »
awesome day today guys, learnt a ton :D

Offline MarieH

• Secretary 13/14
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2012, 21:58:19 »
just chancing my arm, but is there any chance of going on the second day too or is there a number limit? Today was class, wouldn't mind learning a bit more/getting more comfortable with some of the moves.

Offline Maryanne

• Captain 12/13
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 23:01:22 »
just chancing my arm, but is there any chance of going on the second day too or is there a number limit? Today was class, wouldn't mind learning a bit more/getting more comfortable with some of the moves.

I think it is number dependent, but check this out: http://forum.ucdcanoeclub.com/index.php/topic,10897.0.html

Offline Douchier

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2012, 14:02:48 »
I've updated the lists in the top post.

So...What did everybody think of the session on Sunday?
Was it what you were expecting?
Did you learn much?
Would you do it again?
Is there anything else that you would like to have done?

Ronnie was quite keen for me to ask you guys what you thought and to get any feedback that he could.

Ronnie said that it would be possible for one or maybe two people to come along again if the wanted.
(nobody in particular, just limiting to 1-2 because the group would be getting very big at that point)
Marie, I've stuck your name down

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 14:24:31 »
Here's a quick checklist of questions you can answer to help out Ronnie, feedback is a two way street and essential for learning. Learn to critically assess the instruction you're given.
1: Was the instructor friendly
2: Did instructor seem organised
3: Did they explain things well
4: Was their demonstration clear
5: Were corrections done one on one or generally to the group or did the instructor point out particular flaws of the individual to the group as a whole
6: Was there a clear lesson plan
7: Did you achieve any specified goal
8: Did your instructor help you set and achieve a goal

Offline Douchier

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2012, 14:35:10 »
Ah...
If only a bunch of highly intelligent and highly educated university students were capable of analyzing a situation for themselves and forming a cogent critique...

Oh if only...

(then there probably wouldn't be the need for an older member with nothing better to do to patronise them...)

More crayons!