Author Topic: Ladies day Phibsboro 14th April  (Read 2981 times)

Offline KatieMcLoughlin

Ladies day Phibsboro 14th April
« on: April 12, 2013, 00:41:28 »
Venue: Phibsboro
Date: Sunday 14th April
Time to be there: 9.30/9.45 at the latest
Team name: UCD Reach For The Stars
Team entered:
1. Katie McLoughlin
2. Sinead Keogh
3. Molly- Claire Gillett
4. Louise McGarrigle
5. Sarah Keogh
6. Jean Kelly
7. Ruth Dimond
8. Elaine Toomey

I have attached the timetable of the matches for the day. We will play 4 minimum, starting at 10 a.m.

We need to figure out a way to get the boats, BAs, decks, padddles to the venue. Is there anyone who has a car going there? ASAP

If anyone else is interested in joining the team please do as it looks like Jean won't be able to make it after all.

All welcome to support your ladies  ;) ;) ;) ;)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 00:44:31 by KatieMcLoughlin »

Offline HelenaC

• PRO 13/14
Re: Ladies day Phibsboro 14th April
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:27:09 »
fantastic!! listen to ruth and elaine, theyre great teachers and yell learn loads from the calibre of players that have signed up!!

any problems on the day can be taken to Annie and shell sort ye out!

(have ye boats sorted too?)

Offline KatieMcLoughlin

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 12:13:34 »
So far we can get 4 boats there...still need one more!!  :o

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 16:48:46 »
The 4 boats are now in phibsborough in an ultra secret location

Offline KatieMcLoughlin

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 17:12:34 »
Update from Anne-Marie Creaven

Hello all,

Update for tomorrow -
1. Parking: park along canal, or behind/in front of Des Kelly's. Do NOT block the towpath. I checked today and there should be enough room for everyone without parking at Brian Boru, if you are careful about how you park. As I mentioned yesterday, carpark upstream of pitches is unavailable this time.
2. First match is at 10 a.m. If you are meeting players for the first time,  consider being a little early. We'll have a captain's briefing at 9:45 a.m. Try and have a team member there.
3. Equipment: This is the last call for any equipment dilemmas... please get in touch asap if you are in need of gear of any description. There will be one set BAs for teams that may clash with BAs. If you are using club gear and are amenable to sharing with other teams, that is much appreciated.
4. There are some national committee boats based at UCD boathouse. If anyone on the south side has roof space and wouldn't mind bringing a couple of spares, or needs to borrow boats and can take these, let me know.
5. Weather: weather is not forecast as good as last year. unfortunately. However, we will still get to play polo. Dress warm! There are league matches, scratch matches, and play-offs scheduled. If the weather is good, all will be played. If not so good, the league/scratch matches will be played.
6. Entry fee. If anyone wants to lodge in advance, that will save me collecting cash on the day. So, text me and I will reply with my a/c details. Thanks to the teams that have lodged. The entry fee goes to the cost of the comp. This time I got actual ladies t shirts as prizes. No more large men's t shirts!
7. If there are changes to your team line-up, let me know, in case you need a spare player/have one to spare. One or two players have succumbed to injury, so we are in need of a couple more.
8. CI numbers - please send on any outstanding. Many thanks!
9. I am setting up the pitches tomorrow morning. I doubt anyone wants to see 8:30/9 a.m. at Phibsborough, but if so, I'll see you there.

I think that is everything for the moment!

If you are around Celbridge and want to join for a drink let me know.

Looking forward to some polo tomorrow :)

Annie

085-1044488

Offline KatieMcLoughlin

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 17:14:51 »
Jean and Sinead have had to pull out, can anyone else take their place?   :o