Author Topic: DCPL- Autumn league 2013  (Read 3768 times)

Offline HelenaC

• PRO 13/14
DCPL- Autumn league 2013
« on: September 04, 2013, 16:20:36 »
Ok folks, these are the teams plus BA numbers (NB: you must wear the right BA number!!- supernova, I'll sort something out for the two random numbers)

UCD Supernova:
Number   Player Name
1   Diarmuid Ryan
19   Mark Ahern
2   Niall Finch
3   Helena Coughlan
4   Ross Kerrigan
5   Deividas Rainys
6   Niall Bouchier
69   Steven Mulrooney

UCD Space Cadets
Number   Player Name
1   Aoife Sheridan
10   Katie McLoughlin
2   Marco Forte
3   Conor Mohan
4   Nadine Jones
5   Evan O Keeffe
6   Michelle Carthy
7   Sarah Keogh
8   Louise McGarrigle
9   Andrew Lynam

The following is cut and pasted from the welcome email-

Our new (or tenured depending how long you've been around) refereeing officer Sparky (Mark) has been working on a Referee Development Plan that starts from this season. This has been established as part of concerns raised at the AGM in regards to the standard of refereeing. All teams must have referees nominated and will be assigned games according to their standard with novice referees being shadowed etc. Please ensure that assigned referees show up when they are supposed to as failure to complete assigned tasks will result in 3 points being deducted for the team in the league.

I have nominated Conor Mohan, Evan O' Keeffee, Aoife Sheridan and Marco Forte, plus ALL of Supernova as ref's- that means we'll all be learning.

All teams are scheduled to do Duty once through out the season. This is crucial to the running of the league which is totally voluntary.
First duty is from 6.45pm - 8.45pm
Second duty is from 8.45pm - 10.45pm
At least 3 individuals MUST be ready to complete the necessary duty tasks at their assigned times. Failure to have 3 individuals available on time and completing assigned tasks will result in 3 points being deducted for the team in the league.

Teams, take note of duty night and make sure there are people there to cover it. If people from your own team can't get there try the other UCD team.

In order to support the duty teams and referees in ensuring they can give their full attention to the game we will be enforcing a few simple rules:
- All players MUST sign in at the duty desk for all games and make sure they are wearing the correct BA numbers. This will help us track unregistered players and help us better track cards and scorers etc.
- All teams will be asked to sit upstairs when they are not playing. No individual will be allowed on the pool bank unless they are refereeing, doing duty or scheduled to play in the next game. This includes coaches and mascots.
- No boats will be allowed to be left at the sides of the pool. They may be placed in the boat shed or at either end line (not behind the goals).

This is the welcome letter: : http://goo.gl/KrVh7R
This is the timetable:  http://goo.gl/tJ1St8

It is now up to the teams to be at the right place at the right time. If help is needed from committee members about lack of players/gear/transport/etc, please tell us in time so we can arrange things. I will not be chasing people to see if there is a team ready/available to play.

Offline Diarmuid

• Captain 13/14
  • Varsities Committee 2018
Re: DCPL- Autumn league 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 17:17:47 »
Oh stevo!

looking good Helena :)

Offline Steven Mul

• Safety Officer 14/15
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 22:37:01 »
Hehe...69... evil.gif ;)

Offline Aoife S

• Safety 15/16
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 23:44:25 »
I have nominated Conor Mohan, Evan O' Keeffee, Aoife Sheridan and Marco Forte, plus ALL of Supernova as ref's- that means we'll all be learning.

My reffing skills generally don't venture far past asking you or D to reff...

Offline Steven Mul

• Safety Officer 14/15
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 23:50:53 »
I barely understand the rules when playing btw, doubt I'd manage to ref a match :/

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 00:32:58 »
If I can badly ref a match, and I do mean badly, you can certainly learn to do it. I know Tara has a great slide show you can look at to learn and you get training and paired with a more experienced person.

Offline HelenaC

• PRO 13/14
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 11:04:24 »
This is WHY i have put you lot down to ref, you get shadowed and they tell you if you missed something... bout time ye learned to ref... Ill put up the rules soon incase anyone wants to procrastinate... just gotta find the file....

Offline Diarmuid

• Captain 13/14
  • Varsities Committee 2018
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 11:34:14 »
Aoife and Conor, veryone starts out like that, no need to be scared

Offline Douchier

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 11:38:06 »
Quick slides
Rulez (they look scary but once you get into them they ain't that bad - you should probably start at about page 40)
Some kind of online course

Offline HelenaC

• PRO 13/14
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 23:17:57 »
Found it!! here: have the official rule booklet...