General > Foreign Trips

Alps

<< < (3/3)

Steven Mul:
Check if kayaking.ie have spaces left for Slovenia maybe? Or check with the kayaking company? They're heading to Italy too!

kmck:
Hey Ross I am looking at that as well, you can fly your gear out and rent a car. Currently I don't have money for the deposit so going to have a think about it.  We could use that as a start for a two week stint in the alps and move after the first week join up with others. Trininty are making plans in the long stone tomorrow night if you want to see what they are up to.

Ross:

--- Quote from: Steven Mul on February 18, 2014, 11:29:18 ---Check if kayaking.ie have spaces left for Slovenia maybe? Or check with the kayaking company? They're heading to Italy too!

--- End quote ---

Kayaking.ie's course wouldn't be of the standard I'd be interested in I think...

The Kayaking Company is an option, I think the Italy one is the only thing left free, but I doubt it'd be as good as the CI one, but it'll be worth emailing them I think...

--- Quote from: kmck on February 18, 2014, 11:51:40 ---Hey Ross I am looking at that as well, you can fly your gear out and rent a car. Currently I don't have money for the deposit so going to have a think about it.  We could use that as a start for a two week stint in the alps and move after the first week join up with others. Trininty are making plans in the long stone tomorrow night if you want to see what they are up to.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I doubt I'll be able to rent a car myself because I'm only 20, although by that stage I'll have a license 2 and a half years. I'll email Benny and see what he says, if I can get in with him for the extra 2 weeks, I'll probably save a bit of money that I would end up spending on going to wherever the others are? You would be doing the Revolution course too Kieran so if we were to do that?

Zog:
I know its a bit off topic but just to reiterate I would love to go paddling in mid may ie from the 19th to the 30th of May, I can drive too..just putting it out there..

Maryanne:

--- Quote from: Ross on February 18, 2014, 11:22:41 ---I know Eoghan, Dave, Maryanne, and Bill did a similar type course, and they also did rescue for the other CI courses, that might be a possible way to get the most out of it (adding up to 3 weeks in Slovenia), if Benny would have me, but I'd be doubtful of getting that.

--- End quote ---

Just saw this now, that course was great! Learned loads :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version