General > Foreign Trips

Alps

<< < (2/3) > >>

Garbhan:
My current plan is to go with DIT to Slovenia, but I would be interested to meet up with other club if possible.

Zog:
I'd lve to go to slovenia straight after exams, the 20th of May through to the 30th of May are the dates I can travel, I'd be willing to to drive, any takers?

Peter O'Sullivan:
Unfortunately I have a wedding to go to on Friday the 6th of June. Very inconveniently my sister decided to get married on that date. I would like to go paddling but not sure how much time I have between finish college and the 6th. So far its been a poor year for snow. Probably best to error on the side of going early this year. 

sarahmc:
DUKC could be going to the alps again - not sure where - depends on the group thats interested - but could be worth linking up if we both have small numbers again like last year?

Ross:
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are of doing this CI course (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=586034168151893&set=a.339178796170766.82567.339150872840225&type=1&theater), versus going out with a group peer paddling for probably a longer time? The course seems class, but I'd only be in Slovenia for 6 days, and it would be unlikely that I would get anywhere else, considering I wouldn't have a boat, although I could rent, but I'd be afraid of my money running out at that stage...

I know Eoghan, Dave, Maryanne, and Bill did a similar type course, and they also did rescue for the other CI courses, that might be a possible way to get the most out of it (adding up to 3 weeks in Slovenia), if Benny would have me, but I'd be doubtful of getting that.

What do people think? Would peer paddling all over the Alps be better, or getting to do the L5 skills syllabus and get a L4 cert in Slovenia be better for my kayaking?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version