Author Topic: UCDCC Pre-ball BoaterX round II 8th March  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Simon R.

UCDCC Pre-ball BoaterX round II 8th March
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:43:26 »
Hi Everyone!,

Your esteemed Captain has asked that I attempt to run another BoaterX for the morning of the ball. Last years BoaterX as a great success! Your committee and I would be looking to run something similar this year and races and sign ups will be going up over the course of the next week.

I've heard that attendances by freshers to river trips has been relatively poor recently. This poses a serious problem for us. While many of you have now become very competent at paddling in the pool (a giant lukewarm bath) these races take place over Jackson's falls in Wicklow (not a bath).

Therefore Freshers looking to take part in what was a highlight of the UCDCC kayaking year last year must therefore show a commitment to whitewater paddling. I would ask that any fresher interested go on ALL the remaining club trips or training. If you managed to get out on the wicklow trip this will be taken into consideration.

When final sign up sheets are compiled if you have not been on enough trips recently we will have no choice but to refuse your participation.

Get out there, get paddling and pray for rain for the 8th of March.

Simon

Offline J Bizzle

Re: UCDCC Pre-ball BoaterX round II 8th March
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 22:36:57 »
Hi Simon,

Is this sign up now then or just a message/warning?

John

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 11:58:01 »
hi John,

This is more of a heads up at the moment for those who need to get some trips in before the 8th. I'll put sign up sheets up this week or next.

Simon

Offline KatieMcLoughlin

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 17:19:33 »
Okay guys the ball is SATURDAY WEEK!!!!

If this is to go ahead planning needs to start happening!!

Simon, maybe use this post to register interest for a boaterx or club trip extravaganza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. if it is a club trip, I am interested ;)