Author Topic: VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  (Read 11856 times)

Offline Sean

VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« on: February 17, 2004, 20:08:07 »
:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Right boys n gals,

As I am sure you all know the varsities are coming to town (cork city actually). Cue the cheerleeders!!! :wink:  :P  :wink:

The committee in our infinite wisdom (all court hearings pending) have duly organised transport to and from Cork. We will need 18 volenteers to drink all the way to cork. The bus will be leaving UCD at four sharp!!

As for the remaining people the committee will organise all lifts. There will be no “private” cars, so don’t go round trying to blag your way a lift.

The cost of the weekend is €60 :lol: . This includes transport to and from Cork, hostel for two nights (everyone will have a bed) and a continental breakfast each morning of our stay. This €60 applies to everyone - committee, drivers and all. :?

Anyone driving down that hasn’t already been in touch with Safety Carpani please do so!!!

:twisted: Lets live it up n go large :twisted:

Not forget ur student cards! your gona need them![/b]

Sean

Offline Liz

• Travel Photos
VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 07:09:36 »
If everyone has a bed that means there will be a lot of empty beds.....
Go UCD!!!

Offline slapper

• http://NewZealand05.com
VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 09:09:03 »
a continental breakfast each morning of our stay

Boo, hiss, we want a full irish!

Offline kmck

• "99"
VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 10:11:57 »
Okay I will need a few hardy almost sober souls on thursday and friday
on thursady we will load the two bottom layers, and on friday figure out how to tie on fiber glass and the canadian.
So who will do this task that would crush a thosand monkeys.

By the way we are meeting at 3:30 at the boathouse cause loading the 18 seater with 18 people and gear will be fun. There will be no beer, cider or wine allowed on the bus however vodka, whiskey and buckfast are mandatory :lol: since I will be on the bus there will be no fun but there will be a barrel to go to the toilet in.

Offline eoghanp

VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 10:21:24 »
Quote from: "kmck"
vodka, whiskey and buckfast are mandatory

since this is the last time kmck will be organising the bus for the year i think it should also be mandatory that there be a bus totally full of complety mindless, legless drunks calling for piss-stops every 5 mins :lol:  the journey to cork normally takes about 5 hours so if the bus arrives anytime before midnight i will be very very dissapointed!!! (and you dont want to disappoint me)

Offline kmck

• "99"
VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 10:28:50 »
Next year I will have my revenge Eoghan " call me secetary powell"
I am not organising the bus I am just dealing with the little things but as eoghan points out it is a long journey. Plus we forgot the visia's to get into the PRC so we will have to run the checkpoints. I will be fine as most of my family is from cork but the rest of start to think of reasons why you are going to cork, since we will have large volume boats on the trailer Kayaking is out of the question.

Offline eoghanp

VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 10:59:35 »
Quote from: "kmck"
Plus we forgot the visia's to get into the PRC so we will have to run the checkpoints. I will be fine as most of my family is from cork but the rest of start to think of reasons why you are going to cork, since we will have large volume boats on the trailer Kayaking is out of the question.

yet again the committee has forgotten something important. most of the people on the bus have no idea what it is like attempting to break into the PRC. kmck has arranged for his own safety but neglected everyone else, maybe he is a sleeper agent placed here by the PRC gestapo in their attempt to rid the world of any boat longer than your arm.

while on the bus do not listen to his instructions under any circumstance he is tryin to send you to a PRC POK (prisoner of kayaking) camp, where you will under go hours of brain-washing in areas like "creekers are the enemy of the people"/"the dublin canoe union is crushing you spirit"/ "cork is really a beautiful place"/" bazzer is what a haircut is really called"  :lol:  8)  :lol:  8)

if you find yourself stuck at a PRC checkpoint at one of the bridges, simply send kmck to talk to the boarder guards, untie the trailer (while he is pointing out the "revolutionaries") and fairy-glide across the river using a playboat. under no circumstances use a long boat as this will mark you out as you walk around the PRC.

if the checkpoint isnt close to a river, simply tell the guys at the check point that you just saw a sheep wandering up the road giving them the eye, when they run after the sheep simply tell the bus driver to proceed

(sorry about the length of this i have nothing else to do and i got kinda carried away)

Offline kmck

• "99"
VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 11:22:17 »
Pay no attention to Eoghan " I want to serve" powell he is misleading you
I have gotten 18 visitors visia but there is a condition I need to marry someone then the rest of you are my children. Who wants to volunteer?

Offline eoghanp

VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 11:28:35 »
i dont even know where to begin with that one.

Offline slapper

• http://NewZealand05.com
VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 12:34:59 »
what's the story with the drievrs and lifts?
When will the drivers receive any info on what's happening?

I presume the departure time for drivers is pretty flexible on friday, so when will we be told who our passengers are? The sooner the better, coz it gives a chance to pack the car on thursday and arrange with the pasenger what time to meet etc. on friday
Will the drivers need to take boats for their passengers or will all the boats be on the trailer?

Offline kmck

• "99"
VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 13:12:33 »
At this moment in time there is on the trailer the canadian, four fibre glass,the topo duo also 2 kendos, rpm, 2 transitions. possilby the whip it
Gear for each. There is the possibilty of maybe the need for a few more to be brought down, I should know by the end of the day.

Offline Eoin

VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2004, 14:13:52 »
Hey, not sure if you want the 18 volunteers to post here about bus or what, but I'd like to go on the bus!

Offline sorcha h

canadians!!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2004, 14:18:32 »
do we not have 2 canadians??????are we not gonna bring both of them??

Offline kmck

• "99"
VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2004, 14:23:00 »
Canadians big,take up lots of room, hard to tie on, most importantly whats the point you are all going to be hung over anyway and will use it to drift slowly into cork harbour and onto spain(yes I am aware that the currents will push to cornwall to get smashed by an stena liner)

Offline eoghanp

VARSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2004, 15:12:01 »
would the invaders not be better than the kendos for the GP class, they are longer, look funnier and therefore are faster?

i had to use one last year and it was great, so big you were able to sleep in (or on as claire will testify) when your hung-over and doing the long boring long distance