Author Topic: Update about Varsities  (Read 8105 times)

Offline bambi

Update about Varsities
« on: February 09, 2005, 20:38:03 »
Right guys,

The bus for varsities has been booked. We got a 24 seater and that's it! so unless you want to fork out about €50 for the train I'd start getting your deposits in. We won't be keeping spaces for anyone who hasn't paid up so don't even try bribing the committee (unless it concerns me and copious amounts of alcohol  :lol: )

The bus will be leaving from the boathouse at 3 o'clock on friday evening cos otherwise we hit all the traffic on the M50 :twisted:  If anyone needs a letter to get them out of a practical give me a shout and I'll sort something out (let me know soon if you can). As me and Eoghan found out last weekend after an afternoon in the bar THERE IS ONLY ONE GARAGE ON THE WAY so either drink shots or don't drink anything on the bus. The rest of the journey is motorway so we won't be stopping even if someone's bladder explodes (sorry :? )
The weekend is going to cost €50 which will include dinner on Sat and breakfasts so all you really need is drinking money (not even that much since the drink is going to be £1.50  a pint for the whole weekend :lol: )

The fancy dress theme is still P and there's great prizes (mainly in the form of more alcohol - crates or vouchers for the bar :lol: ) for best costume, best college etc so get a move on and use your imaginations :D
Hoodies: We asked about wearing our orange hoodies around Belfast and were told they'll be fine (provided people use a bit of cop on and don't go around singing the fields of athenry or anything). So I expect to see a sea of orange everywhere UCD is competing  :D  

I think Eoghan covered everything else with his other post
http://forums.ucdcanoeclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=2559

See ya all there :D

Offline kill

Update about Varsities
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 21:11:27 »
Has anyone got room for me in their car on the way home on Sunday? I can be packed up real small and stuck between the luggage and the ceiling.

Offline Eoin

Update about Varsities
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 13:16:25 »
In case you were taking names that time for events, turns out I won't make it to Varsities so you can scratch me off the long distance...

Offline Brendino

• People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durdan
Update about Varsities
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 13:37:31 »
ya cheap fecker, it's oly €50.  :D

Offline Cheesy

Update about Varsities
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 15:08:51 »
ah Eoin, you have to come!!
Who's going to be the back end of the poodle now!!!

Offline kill

Update about Varsities
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 16:55:26 »
I'm already sorted for getting there. I just want to find a way home and yes I am too cheap to pay €20 for the trip home to Dublin. I will give petrol money though. And I tend to provide travel sweets.

Offline eoghanp

Update about Varsities
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 17:09:33 »
who said we'd let you on the bus for €20. its $1m just cos your cheap (like a budgie!)

Offline Eoin

Update about Varsities
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 13:03:11 »
Aw man, I didn't know I was partaking in a poodle costume! That's sounds cool. Other people dressed as dogs could sniff my ass  :D . As for you Brendino, Mr. I have an income  :P , it happens not to be a money-related decision. Although the well is running a tad dry these days (from buying paddling gear -hooyeah!)

Offline Brendino

• People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durdan
Update about Varsities
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 13:26:30 »
Who menyioned anything about a poodle "costume"