Author Topic: Creek boat wanted  (Read 7170 times)

Offline Babs

Creek boat wanted
« on: August 31, 2005, 09:55:53 »
Hi, a friend is looking for a 2nd hand creek boat in decent condition...anyone selling?

B

Offline carlito

Creek boat wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 11:16:22 »
Jebus!

For a second there I thought that you wanted a creek boat Babs...

Carl

Offline Brendino

• People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durdan
Creek boat wanted
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 13:28:36 »
Brand new H3 for sale on Freestyle

Offline Babs

Creek boat wanted
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 09:29:41 »
Whats a H3? is height and weight an issue???

What other questions should I be asking?

B

Offline kmck

• "99"
Creek boat wanted
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 10:47:17 »
How big is your friend, all the manufacturers have guidelines on paddler weight. However if you are like me, very short legs and quiet heavy you have to compromise between size of boat and how much water you displace. Things to ask, where has the boat been and if someone trys the its been on a few rivers and mostly surf, creek boats are not very good in the surf as many have a displacement hull. Okay things to ask what type of boat? How old? Where has it been used? Next checking it out if looks like a club boat you knowe it has been well used and probably repaired. Check out the dagger, phrayna and other websites for specs of boats.

fresher Dave

Creek boat wanted
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 13:45:06 »
Bet you  didn't see all that coming.

Offline Babs

Creek boat wanted
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 13:52:52 »
Okay, what should a 6'2'' guy of average weight be paddling - the less choices the better, just point me/ him in the right direction please?

Offline I'm From You

Creek boat wanted
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 13:55:12 »
S:6 190 for definate.

Offline Brendino

• People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durdan
Creek boat wanted
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 14:02:46 »
Most boats these days come in 3 sizes - Small, Medium, Large usually.  Your pal should decide which size he/she is.

Price is important as you don't want to be ripped off.  Try to bring someone who knows about boats when viewing a potential new boat.

Look out for discolouration as they could indicate stress points where the boat has been mended.  Look for deep scratches on the bottom and sides of the boat.  If there are more scratches on the top than on the bottom this would indicate that the seller swims a lot and might not be very experienced so you might be able to bargain them down more.  

Creek boats are for rivers so if someone tells you that it has only been used in teh surf they are either a liar or clueless.

See if they will throw in any extra gear to sweeten the deal.

Remember that all modern boats (last 5 years) should be fully adjustable so the best thing to do is get one that seems the right size and then pad it out later. Just get a boat so that you can start paddling.

Good Luck and as KMcK said check out the manufacturers websites for more info.

Offline Babs

Creek boat wanted
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 14:03:42 »
FAO I'm from you: would you not be slightly biased though...?

Offline kmck

• "99"
Creek boat wanted
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 14:05:21 »
H3 245 or M3
Mamba 8.0 8.5
Nomad 8.1 8.5
liquid logic huka
microbat 245

Offline Babs

Creek boat wanted
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 14:09:05 »
Hmmm, thanks guys I will pass it all on and hopefully he can sort it out himself!

B