Author Topic: Ra Ra Ra im an [s]ancient Egyptian god[/s] i mean bear...  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Sick Boy

Ra Ra Ra im an [s]ancient Egyptian god[/s] i mean bear...
« on: February 12, 2007, 11:00:32 »
i have been saying most of this over the past few river trips but not everyone hears...

as you all know i am the equipment officer, this means that it is my job to make sure that paddeling gear gets too and from the river, NOT that i have to do it solo. most people are good to help out when i ask but there are those out there who get the club to bring their boats do a river and once they are changed at the end bugger off, leaving everyone else to tidy up after them. this is not on.

it did take me a while to get hooks up in the new boat house but they are ther now, use them. all of the gear is numbered, as are all of the hooks, match the number on the gear to the number on the hook. i know this is a bit pickey but it means that when you come back to get gear the next time you will only have to go to one hook grab what you need and leave. also it makes it easier for me to find any dammaged gear which means that the gear gets repaired sooner.

when you get off the river you need to empty your boats of water. to do this unscrew the bung, stand the boat on end and wait for the water to drain out then PUT THE BUNG BACK otherwise they go missing, and rember two missing bungs means one less crate of sneaky bear.

just a couple of small rants i have been botteling up for a while.

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: Ra Ra Ra im an [s]ancient Egyptian god[/s] i mean bear...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:21:00 »
Nothing wrong in anything you said Cian. If your boat is on the trailer it is your job to put it on, take it off, paddle it and put it back where you got it. Anybody getting lifts, the driver would expect you to do all of what Cian said and more. In future Cian if anyone is in my car whose boat is on the trailer I won't leave until they have helped you out, inculding driving back to the boathouse with them. If it's a problem say it out loud otherwise nothing happens.

Offline kill

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 13:47:22 »
Ah, didn't want to be in your car anyway.

Offline david

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 14:03:21 »
Cians dead right. It pisses me right off when 2nd or third year club members use private transport but expect the committee and freshers to load their boat for them.

If your boats on the trailer then you have to help load the trailer.

WE ARE NOT YOUR MOTHER!!!!!

Offline phillt...y

• http://www.ebaumsworld.com/monkeypee.html
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 15:28:44 »
Unless of course you are Frank the illegitimate love child of the committee.Reared and bred in the clubhouse he was suckled by Dave's right nipple. Frank you can get away without tying anything up!

Offline david

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 21:15:39 »
No Phill. Not even frank. He was adopted any way. also I'm not sure that frank's technically a human.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 13:54:30 by david »

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 10:40:57 »
No Phill. Not even frank. He was adopted any way. also I'm sure that frank's technically a human.

incorrect, dave. nothing that suckles on your nipple retains a shred of humanity.