Author Topic: The nominations/ committee  (Read 6762 times)

Offline Sick Boy

The nominations/ committee
« on: March 01, 2007, 17:15:13 »
first off it might be a good idea for people to ask their nominee before they just go and put their name forward.

second of all it dosent really matter weather you have the required number of nominations on this board, it is on the night that counts.

and finally to all those considering running it can be a fantastic experience, being on the committee. that said you do have to resign yourself to that fact that you will be expected to be at all club events. this means river trips, pool sessions, and weekends away and anything else that comes along.

Offline Diarmaid

Re: The nominations/ committee
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 19:28:36 »
correction: it's the nominations on the sheet we'll be putting up on the noticeboard that counts.

don't let the time commitment put you off, even if you're a final year. there's actually not that much work involved in being on the committee, week to week. aside from the time spent paddling (assuming you were going to do that anyway), there's maybe an hour, tops.

and don't let money be an issue either. yeah, you have to be at everything, but (*shocking committee revelation*) we've all been paying half price for everything all year! mwahahahahaaa

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 00:32:29 »
well last year we just nominated people on the night.

as reguards time yah over all the committee dosent take too much time but the point i was trying to make is that there is no point in running for committee if you know in advance that you will be say working every thursday night or saturday.

ps at the request of some members i have just edited Mark's posts on the nominations section to give the constitution description of each committee position.

Offline joxer

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 10:07:10 »
There are no nominations on the night. I think it might be worthwile putting the clubs constitution back up on the web for people to see what the are responsible for

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 10:26:39 »
we re-nominated people on the night, but only those who had previously had a written nomination were eligible.

Offline El Diablo

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 11:17:50 »
What I want to know, is will there be a dance off on Saturday night between candidates for captain?

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 11:29:34 »
yes yes there will......the loser will be pushed into the liffey and forgotten.

Offline joxer

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 11:51:16 »
Why do we bother re-nominating people on the night. Thats silly

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 14:14:09 »
because someone will have forgotten the sheet and we won't remember whose name was on it.

Offline Fuzzy

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 15:03:44 »
We accept nominations from the floor for people who are on the nomination sheet for another position because it means that if someone is nominated for captain/secretary (or someother position which is voted on early on in the running of the AGM) but not in any other position they aren't immediately eliminated from being on the committee and may instead be nominated for a position further down.

Quote from: constitution
Nominations will be accepted from the floor only for those whose name already appears on the nomination sheet, for another position.

The constitution is on the website you just need to know where to look. Run a search for constitution and look in the topic about the EGM to amend the constitution 28th Feb. Click on the link for current constitution.

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 11:18:28 »
in that case i didnt have enough nominations/ seconds to be eligible for equipment. dave cox was the only person to nominate me.... :-X

Offline joxer

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 11:38:29 »
Fergal, that still does not make sense.

Offline kmck

• "99"