Author Topic: UCD CanoeClub Membership Cards  (Read 16330 times)

Offline bexifurr

UCD CanoeClub Membership Cards
« on: April 19, 2007, 16:37:47 »
Mark Hates You All.

But me, I'm gonna offer you free membership into our special, loving club if you can desgin a savage membership card for the club by the First of August. We bandied about a couple of ideas and thought about something different, like the new AiB student mastercard (see through with only three corners), having diifferent colours for boys an girls, having a bottle opener incorporated of some such functional practicality... Now, we know these aren't original ideas so we're passing it over to you. Paul Power came up with the discopaddler, Jim and Brendino set up nazifunrafring, what have youse dudes got to give back to your club?

Yeah?

Peace

Offline Mr C

• http://www.nerdz.ie
Re: UCD CanoeClub Membership Cards
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 18:55:18 »
Myself and Andy put a good bit of effort in a few years ago. Best to change the design, but the computer work is all done if you want to use it as a basis:

Offline bexifurr

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 19:25:45 »
Well, we were looking for something a bit more exciting, we're gonna make them in hard plastic, same as a yer bankcard or whatever.

Any of you design/arty/creative types want to design something that'll really stand out? You have free reign and three months -go wild.

laters

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 23:48:48 »
I'll deffo give this a shot over the comming month. Are we keeping the discopaddler logo?

Offline Mark

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 00:26:50 »
We are

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 13:23:27 »
The only problem I can see is that you'll have to get these done in bulk
and thus nobody's name could go on them. I've seen a few places that
prints up plastic cards but none that do the strip on them
(like on credit cards where you sign your name).

Offline bexifurr

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 13:40:15 »
Well, we're gonna get em printed up in bulk with numbers on em and then get people to sign the back, aiite?

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 14:01:27 »
Do you know anywhere that will do this? As that wouldn't really be bulk as every print would be different by 1digit. Just my opinion, could be wrong :-/

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 18:13:10 »
if it really comes down to it we could just rent one of the laser-card printers from admin. (the ones they used for stu. cards)  and print each card ourselves!!

.... for the moment the competition is just looking for a basic jazzy design thats something different form other cards....

the detailing such as sponsorship logos, members numbers/signatures, committee contacts, etc will be added later once the winning design is chosen  8)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 18:33:12 by Ritchie »

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 01:34:44 »
how about if they had a magnetic stripe that automatically records how much money you owe the club? :P

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 17:00:36 »
ye'ze can feck off if you think ill help you shower...the only reason this is a compition is cause you lot dont want to do any work, Mark delegated this to one of the commitee ,who then delegated it down the chain until there was no one left so it got delegated to the club. clever! but i saw through it all along.

Offline bexifurr

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 17:42:01 »
clever!

is rather, isn't it?!

:)

We just thought there would be some of ewes out there who could make a really good job of this, but obviously yis aren't up to the task. We promise to make the cards, bring them into existence by physically giving birth to them ourselves if necessary, if youse guys can make em look good.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 17:49:38 by bexifer »

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 19:18:53 »
ye'ze can feck off if you think ill help you shower...

maybe we should ask Mark or Killian. they seem to be good at helping people shower. each other, anyway...

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 15:16:32 »
Does it have to be a plastic card? I was thinking a folded card with a list of rivers that you can get stamped. Shows progress and means you can see what rivers someone has done.

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 16:58:56 »
I was thinking a folded card with a list of freshers that you can get stamped. Shows progress and means you can see what freshers someone has done.