Author Topic: MananaManana goes to the Italian Alps...  (Read 13069 times)

Offline Jim

MananaManana goes to the Italian Alps...
« on: April 25, 2007, 22:29:33 »
Scotland 07 version 2.0 hits the road on Friday.

All the usual suspects, plus El Diablo, plus his magic injectable oranges, plus Young Tom, minus Young Tom's Trangia, are heading to the Italian Alps. As Catherine has pronounced: 'Pizza Napoli, pronto.'

Due to the abuse received about the Portugal reports being two and a half months late, we already have information:

www.mananamanana.com

Jim.

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: MananaManana goes to the Italian Alps...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:11:15 »
Smangas are better. Cheap at only 13 euro they last for as long as you manage to keep the peices together. Anyway you can always buy those little camping stoves in Italy. Don't let Mickle or cormac lynch anywhere near your navigation unless you really want to go to and stay in France.

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 09:53:46 »
this may seen like a really stupid question but in all the times you went to "scotland" why are there no trip reports and photos form scotland on mananamanana?

or maby there are and i just didnt look hard enough?

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 10:29:23 »
'There are no stupid questions...'

I haven't been in Scotland Scotland in a long time. The last time I was there I was paddling an Aquabat if that means anything to you. Anyway the point is that it predates my growing expertise in Photoshop - hence no photos.

Jim.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 11:11:41 »
There is some video evidence of old scotland trips probably B.J but not B.F. in era.

Offline Amanda

• Light shop
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 11:31:09 »
Quote from: Jim
The last time I was there I was paddling an Aquabat if that means anything to you.

What is old age doing to you Mr. Jim?
this was Wicklow.
Think I need a new role model. Anyone?

PS. Do ye ever do any work?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 11:39:46 by manda »

Offline cat halpin

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 11:36:23 »
for kieran,

in the words of simon barry:

Tranjas are great for preparing food that doesnt require heat for extended periods of time... a nice salad is the sort of food that can be perfectly well prepared in a tranja, as can a packet of Tayto. Simply open packet of Tayto, pour into tranja dish and enjoy. No need to light the meths, which is far better used as a mixer for your buckfast anyway.

The kettle that comes with your tranja can be coupled with half a pint of water, tinfoil, duct tape and a BIC pen to create the most amazing bong.

The MSR Whisperlite is the dogs danglies for setting cars on fire, melting high temperature steel, breaking into banks, stuff like that.

You should really check out the Outdoors Campfire (TM), all you need a picnic table, axe and petrol, you can throw your tin of baked beans on the Outdoors Campfire (TM), stir the fire with your Pokey Stick (TM) and wait for the tin to explode. Now lick the baked bean remenance off your travelling companions face! What joy.

Offline Brendino

• People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durdan
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 14:22:00 »
Anyway the point is that it predates my growing expertise in Photoshop - hence no photos.

Don't you mean predates the interweb?

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 14:38:40 »
i didnt know what an aquabat was/is so i google imaged it and this is what i got

http://www.slots.vcn.com/NC%20students/danieru/Aquabat.jpg

my how kayaking equipment has come along. ;)

Outdoors Campfire (TM) takes no responsibility for any shrapnel injuries resulting from the possible explosion of said tin of beans.
or so i hear...

Offline Brendino

• People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durdan
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 21:31:29 »
Yep Cian, Jim paddled one of them in Scotland. Not the most comfortable ride ever.

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 11:27:24 »
i have to say jim  i cant wait for this new set of photo's , if your skills have advanced at the rate i expect them to have.....i cant even imagine where you'll photoshop yourself next.

can't wait for the  2.0 version!!

Offline Jim

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 11:42:00 »
Smiley face icon goes here.

Up to my elbows in foam and adhesive getting ready to go, and the Ramones comes on the stereo - 'Now I want to sniff some glue.' It's a sign - Joey Ramone is looking out for us!

Jim.

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 22:41:17 »
Cat, that is possibly the single greatest post that has gone on this board in a long long time! Welcome back Simon....

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 18:07:17 »
So where's the update? You know some of us need this info asap. Jim come on!!!!!!!

Offline Amanda

• Light shop
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 19:13:08 »
More importantly where is my present?