Author Topic: A paddle this evening  (Read 6813 times)

Offline kmck

• "99"
A paddle this evening
« on: July 10, 2007, 14:46:46 »
I am interested in something different this evening, lazy at the moment and bits aren't quite working, so anyone interested in a lesuirely paddle, either clara vale to rathdrum or rathdrum to the meetings. Would do the annamoe as well but just want a change of scenery.

Offline Sara

Re: A paddle this evening
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 14:50:21 »
wont make it out this evening but if you've on the avonmore do keep an eye out for boats, I think about 3 were lost on the Glenmcnass last night and not sure how many (if any!) have been found.

Enjoy
Sara

Offline cat halpin

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 10:37:49 »
and for those of us living in cork,

Sara what happened on the glenmacnass?

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 10:58:20 »
Catherine - if you lived in Dublin you would know what happened on the Glenmacnass, but you choose to live in Cork, now didn't you?

Sara - great level on the Annamoe last night too, but it's OK if you don't want to respond to my texts. No really, you stay home with your boat.

Where were people last night - didn't you see Eoin's graph? Deadly level, lots of sunshine late into the evening. This water won't last for ever. Go paddling you bums.

Jim.

Offline Sara

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 13:00:42 »
I never got a text off you!!!! Stop lieing to cover your ass Jim, didnt see eoins graph, if i had i would have been right there :( doh! My gear was all dry and all!!

Cattharine, Jim has probably told you in private and just slagged you on the board to look tough  :P But ill tell ye anyway incase he's just mean!

As far as i know there were 3 separate groups, the Glenmacnass was freakin huge, Group one was Timmy Nick and co. Timmy lost his boat early on, I think the rest of the carnage happened at the end section at lynams.

Polo Eoin's shoulder popped, im not sure if it was his's boat or a mate of his that got lost to. Then there was a third group and someone else got stuck in some big muchy stopper, got worked for ages (I missed it, apparently it was quite the working!!) his mate came into the exact same stopper and between them i think they lost one boat but i'd say someone in their group went after that boat.... I hope they did.

So thats it, I missed pretty much all the excitment cause i went straight up to get changed.

Sara

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 13:06:45 »
105 cm is a good level on eoin gauge. Really nice lough dan down was at a great level.

Offline Jim

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 13:48:13 »
I definitely texted you Sara - it's there in my 'Sent' folder. Wuss.

Anyone for boating tonight?

Jim.

Offline Sara

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 14:02:53 »
yeah count me in, usual 8pm at annamoe bridge?

That text is probably out in cyberspace floating about looking for my phone.

Sara

Offline Sara

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 14:44:23 »
oh yeah looks like that is running also, (2meg release means slucie is running???) So if the release is at 6pm what time should one be there for if one was going to go???

Sara

Offline GrampaC

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 14:48:46 »

I'd say it will be releasing at that all evening i was thinking of heading up at around 7 if i've nothing else to do

Offline Jim

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 14:55:22 »
The friggin' sluice? Are you guys kidding? There might be a polo game on somewhere if the sluice is too much for you...

Jim.

Offline Sara

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 15:16:23 »
Relax Jim 'I sometimes lie about texts' Kennedy! Ill see ya at annamoe bridge at 8. If you're bringing Donnie make sure he has everything!!!

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 15:20:35 »
He had everything last night including a razor wit and a helping hand.

Offline Jim

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 16:31:46 »
Alas, Donnie is relapsing into being a girl. He's going shopping this evening, so he can't make it.

Jim.

Offline Sara

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 17:34:54 »
HA HA Donnie!! Eoin, Ferg, You guys will come, see yas at 8