Author Topic: Hi from Idaho  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Sara

Hi from Idaho
« on: July 31, 2007, 16:45:55 »
Hey all
We're stil alive!! Only one river in but it was fantastic, big big volume, massive wave trains! One swim each, but we both did it in style :) Seriously warm, even the water was freaky warm!! Paddling sat and sun this weekend on a course then hopefully meet up with a girl called  kimmy (BC boys, she said she was paddling with you guys there) to paddle mon and tues. We've had the best luck here, we were given a big blue Dodge pick up truck to cruise around in!!! Oh and we saw real cowboys (not as hot as imagined!!!)

Oh oh and i was paddling an ezg, Roz, I love that boat!! and I did my first ever bow stall, its way easier to do it in the ezg than my spacecadette!!!

Oh and delta charged us 150 one way for our paddles!!! Not impressed!!

one more 'Oh and'!! Oh and we met the real Tristan!!!!! He's actually a shit hot boater and was partying with the irish freestyle team at the worlds a few years ago in austria, im thinking maybe Ash or Stephen were there???

Hope everyones good at home and wicklow is still running for you guys.

Sara
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 16:52:32 by Sara »

Offline Sara

Re: Hi from Idaho
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 19:32:32 »
Well, we're on our way home, reluctantly, got some really great paddling in sat sun and mon, met up with BC/Fluid Kimmy and ran the south fork canyon stretch of the payette with her and this local guy tom who was good enough to lend me his giant wavesport godzilla and then his  new jackson fun when i complained like a big girl about the massive hip pads he had in it!!  Kerry swapped loads of ucdcc gear with Kim so she's an unofficial member now plastered in discopaddlers!!

See you guys at the weekend I guess, I hope theres smething still running!

Sara

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 12:20:07 »
Good to head you had a good time :)
Heading sluice for 9 on Saturday and shall see what's on Sunday.

Offline Sara

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 12:50:51 »
might try to get a crew to go to the boyne, liffey at 9am sounds early!

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 12:53:39 »
Yea I've been thinking that myself. Going to try get through to the cheese myster