Author Topic: Stuff this week  (Read 14758 times)

Offline Cli

• http://cliodhna-d.bebo.com
Stuff this week
« on: November 19, 2007, 10:55:35 »
Thursday pool session - Trinity 8.15pm, €2.

Saturday Trip - Boathouse 9.15am, €10, water depending we will be heading to wicklow.

Edit: Ok guys going by weather forcast we are looking at having a savage day in Wicklow this weekend. Unless all this lovely Rain falls through, here's the plan:

The Club will be meeting at the boathouse at 9.45 and the bus will be leaving at 10.15 sharp. We have to leave early because we dont want to run out of daylight. The club trip will be from Bucky's Bridge.

A Super Speshul Stealth Mission Crew involving all the cars that care to go and as many people as we can possibly squeeze into said cars will be drivinng to Trooperstown to met there at approx 10.15. This trip will meet the club trip at Buckys. (ote due to time contraints on this trip, swimming will be taken very seriously, and will be at the very least a "Suicide Bong" event.)

Finally Some Rain, HURRAH!

We're holding a Table Quiz this Tuesday in the forum bar (centre club) at about 8.30-9pm. It's a fundraiser and costs €5 a head. Four people per team (€20) and feel free to put you're own team together. If you come on your own, no worries, most people will and we can throw teams together. The questions are being organised by Joey Byrne and I haven't a clue what kinda topics there'll be. I'm pretty sure it'll be like a normal quiz with a round on paddling, and a round on the club or something. Come come, it'll be a good laugh and we have some prizes too (including paddling gear). Oh, and bring cans!

Also, for the ladies in the club: before the quiz on Tuesday we are having a paddling talk aimed specifically towards female paddlers. Some of the things being discussed are how to overcome the particular difficulties faced by girl boaters, to become more spatially aware in your boat and start to understand how you can learn the bio mechanics of new manoeuvres. (Bex's words - fancy fancy!). As Tuesday is our fund-raising night, this talk is €1. Meet at the Board (Arts E) at 7.30pm and we'll go from there.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 17:24:18 by Cli »

Offline Peegor

• I peed in my boat
Re: Stuff this week
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:46:06 »
ill be there so if anyone wants me on their team just tell me

Offline caz

• Koo-koo-ka-choo
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:53:48 »
could someone please remember to leave a note at the board of where you're going for those that will be late  :-* 

Offline joey

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 13:46:19 »
Just so people know I am no way involved in the question making or choosing for this quiz!! I will just be reading out whatever is on the paper given to me! Hopefully there will be alot of people there so there will be more people for me to abuse from my position of power!

I am trying to get John Flanagan to be co-presenter of this event so if anyone thinks he would be great put a post up!! This is the exactly the start we need on our road to becoming the Irish Ant and dec!!!

Offline Mark

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 13:56:06 »
yay flano.

also, a change to cliodhna's post we will, water depending be heading to wicklow. so oldies get your kitchen pass, freshers bring spare thermals and rescue make sure you have your cow tail.

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 14:52:07 »
John Flanagan, Stand up!

Offline Pia!

• Bzz Bzzz Bzzzzzz *plop*
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 15:37:18 »
Yes bring John Flanagan- but only so i can hound him for money

Go to hell Dee ya big street defouler!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:41:20 by Pia! »

Offline SafeDee

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 18:01:12 »
John Flanagan, STAND UP!!!

I'm writing the questions tonight, so likely topics include;
the committee, paddling, and some general knowlege stuuf, such as antepartum haemorrhage, postpartum haemorrhage, maternal mortality in the 1950's, induction of labour, anything to do with gynaecology, typical and atypical result of indirect Coomb's test. I figure no one wants to go to a tabel quiz where they know all the answers, it'd just be tooo easy.

BeX
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 18:02:47 by RanDee »

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 19:39:47 »
this might have the answers to one or two of the questions....
http://www.ucd.ie/canoe/30th/
then again it might not.

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 08:16:51 »
aww I can't be there.

someone has to text me with questions every now and again so I don't feel left out.

Offline Asho87

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 12:25:02 »
im on it diarmie!

Offline joey

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 13:19:25 »
As official quiz master I must point out that mobile phones will not be allowed into the quiz!! Anyone found cheating will have to dance to their mobile phone ring tone while the quiz is taking place!! You have been warned!

Offline josh

• AH BOLLIXS!!
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 19:17:26 »
are we meetin at the board for the quiz or in the pub??

Offline Asho87

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 01:14:27 »
josh u suck

Offline bexifurr

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 12:42:58 »

Thursday pool session - Trinity 8.15pm, €2.

This is gonna be massiv. I finish my exams on Thursday and I'm going large.