Author Topic: How to check river levels  (Read 5309 times)

Jevon

How to check river levels
« on: November 23, 2007, 15:16:39 »
So after all the talk about the rivers going up, and checking broken gauges and whatnot, it leaves a fresher with the question... How do I check these levels?  Is there a website similar to a snow/ski report that has a listing of the the different river flow rates?

PS I hope you all had a lovely Turkey Day!

Offline Towelyey

• Boobs Officer
Re: How to check river levels
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 15:18:32 »
turkey day is it thanksgiving or something cos it sure aint christmas yet!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Offline kill

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 16:15:34 »
How to check river levels.

Go to river. Look at river.
All this new mambo don' work good.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 16:49:03 »
Look at radar fall. Check map, ring someone whose already there job done.

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 18:15:42 »
hi jevon,

the most popular website i use is this one magic sea weed . It has swell reports for surf, and also rain fall for rivers.(does the job!!!)

the liffey(as it is damned) doesn't necessarily rely on rain fall, thus we use this website which gives liffey releases.

for gower and clifden we use tidal reports (+river reports for gower),

but generally speaking if its raining in ucd there'll be a river running in wicklow!!.

enjoy,

rich.

Offline Mark

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 22:40:24 »
the rainfall raidar on www.meteireann.ie is pretty good for predicting the river levels. also the river guages at www.irishwhitewater.com is pretty good.

Offline david

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 13:01:58 »
Just start ringing oldies, Tell one that another said there was water, then ring someome else claiming that the first on said there was sure to be water. Keep spreading lies and eventually the lie will do the full circle and reach the first oldie you claimed said there was water. no-one will know where the roumer started but by 12 the next day everyone will be standing on anna moe bridge Complaining about the bull shit weather reports, so the'll jump into cars and drive about wicklow looking for anything that may be up. all the same they'll all go back to annamoe bridge and get on and scrape on down. yet anothe great day in wicklow.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 13:56:13 »
I don't think that works except on over enthusiatic second years.

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 15:16:15 »
course that works and if i knew how to do that quote thing id qoute everything dave said... ah the memories.

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 15:41:58 »
....its a proven system....

A day off college for a fresher:

...you tell one oldie(say "jim blogs" for example) that his 2 best friend(say "simon blogs" and "mickle blogs") will be out paddlin the Annamoe tomorrow despite there being no water... You invent the story as you go along, and for them to come along and give you(the young fresher a lift!!)....

....Then you simply ring up "simon blogs" saying that jim and mickle will be out paddling and that they're missing out, and to give you(the fresher a lift). Then you simply repeat it for "mickle blogs" and before you know it you're out paddlin with a solid group.
Neither one of them knowing who wanted to go paddling in the first place...     
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 15:46:08 by Ritchie »