Author Topic: New teeth new problems  (Read 13981 times)

Offline david

Re: New teeth new problems
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 13:43:38 »
I don't get it cormac, What's that all about??

Offline Sara

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 13:48:56 »
J.P. Priwett the former hand model in Zoolander, kept in hand in a hyperbaric chamber, maybe KMCK could write to him and get a hyperbaric chamber for his teeth.

Sara

Offline david

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 23:21:00 »
Ahh. I should have seen that...

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 16:41:47 »
Yesterday I was talking to kate while invigilating. I said how I had put up a post looking for advice on this topic. She said had degenerated into the usual stuff a post on the board becomes. I said no. I really should have waited till I checked yesterday evening. Anyway if you have more useful advice please give it.

Offline david

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 17:29:12 »
You got a load of pretty concise answers there KMcK, What were you expecting?

The topics usually run off the wall cos you run every piece of gear you want to buy past the message board. Of course we take the piss.

If you think you need something just walk into a shop and buy it.

Jevon

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 18:18:39 »
My advice: If your gonna spend 21 grand on something, you might want figure out how to protect it before it before you buy it...

otherwise, I like Mark's link...

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 19:19:54 »
I look for peoples opinions, research a piece of kit and then see if I really need it. Don't see any problem in using a resource if it's there. Part of what Kate said mirrored your advice of body position, her concern with a gumsheild was swallowing or blocking your airway. Also she pointed out that most knocks to your face are due to your paddles or your hands rather than rocks.
 Since you broke your teeth in the alps, where able to fly back and get them checked I thought you may have had an insurance policy on them or the vhi dental cover or something similar.
Jevon call it being short sigthed, I was more concerned in trying raise 21 grand than what to do afterwards.
Does anyone know about British mountaineers and their outdoor insurance?

Offline david

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 21:06:32 »
BMC are cock suckers and didn't pay a penny for my teeth, they Felt front teeth are a cosmetic luxery.

noone will insure your teeth on a river.

Fake teeth are no more expensive to replace than real ones. I'm on my third set and they cost no more than the first set.

Just tuck up and your teeth'll be fine.

Offline mmmmm

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 08:53:21 »
Saying just tuck up and your teeth will be fine along with I'm on my third set of teeth in the same post seems kinda contradictory Dave!

Offline cormac

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2007, 09:54:39 »
degenerated into the usual stuff

Of course you've never added an off-topic, vague or random reply to a thread, have you Kmck?

Would the gumshield prevent you from keeping the water out of your mouth/airway while capsized?  A full face looks like a good way to go, that Stormtrooper one is pretty deadly.

Offline david

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 12:25:09 »
Saying just tuck up and your teeth will be fine along with I'm on my third set of teeth in the same post seems kinda contradictory Dave!

But none of my teeth came out when I was paddleing, I slipped on wet rocks, Got hit by a swinging rope, human cannonbell and bit a really hard cookie from tesco...

any of those things could happen any where.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 19:13:42 »
I'm with dave here on it could happen anywhere that's why I'm never leaving my bed and drinking my food through a straw. I was actually amazed that I got such good info from people without alot of weird stuff, a hyperbaric chamber for my teeth?! John kelly was always at me to wear contacts when at club parties that way he could sneak up and attack me without worrying about my glasses. I think I'll wear the gumsheild while dancing with the club it's the only way I would safe. At the moment I have a clear retainer which is like a gum sheild and I would not be comfortable with it in my gob while paddling.

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 19:26:05 »
i cant see any way that you can guarantee that your teeth will 100% protected on or off the water . what you gotta do is look at things realisitcally. if you are going to be paddeling grade 4 then maybe it would be worth the investment, if you are going to be running the boyne, the liffey, the annamoe then a full face helmet and expensive dental insurance is probably a tid bit excessive.

also just because they cost you 21G to ge them doesnt mean that if you do knock one out it will cost the same to replace it. i would imagine that the 21G included the cost of extraction sx, xrays, mouldings and many other things that you wont have to under go to get a replacment.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 19:29:34 by cian »

Offline becca

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 14:38:01 »
I'm with dave here on it could happen anywhere that's why I'm never leaving my bed and drinking my food through a straw.

its funny, but the people who worry about getting fucked always get fucked.

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 15:05:30 »
I'm with dave here on it could happen anywhere that's why I'm never leaving my bed and drinking my food through a straw.

its funny, but the people who worry about getting fucked always get fucked.

Jeez, I must worry a lot ;)