Author Topic: New teeth new problems  (Read 13981 times)

Offline kmck

• "99"
New teeth new problems
« on: December 10, 2007, 16:12:11 »
Okay as some of you know I got my new teeth. I have a question should I get a helmet with a face guard? Second question does anyone know of an insurance policy for teeth, they are 21 grand after all. Dave what do you have for yours or fuzzy.

Offline caz

• Koo-koo-ka-choo
Re: New teeth new problems
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 17:16:27 »
i was told to wear a gumshield or something. does that help?? i would definately advise getting them insured because they were so expensive, i dont see why you couldnt, and they are soooo easy to break, fucking teeth.

Offline Peter O'Sullivan

• Senior Treasurer 16/17.
  • Coffee please.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 19:30:44 »
http://www.fnaheadgear.com/
Have a look at the Storm Trooper of the X-Stream. If you break one ( on the water ), it will be replaced for free.

Offline Amanda

• Light shop
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 20:27:18 »

Everyone need a sweet helmet only €295.00
http://www.mdac.ie/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=879

And although not an impossible injury a rear one on the water and I wouldn't ware a helmet to the pub. Even in this club.

Offline johnnyg

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 23:40:39 »
...likin' the new grill Kieran.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

...deffo get insurance if you can.......all the money, pain and time..... :'(

...just thinking also that the insurance company might require specifc head gear doing "sports" (especially if you specifically insure your teeth) so maybe no choice.... ???

Also why is this in the GEAR section....... ;D...oh shit I see why.....doh... :-[
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 23:44:27 by johnnyg »

Offline Lambe

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 10:52:25 »
Get th storm trooper one!!!!
it looks hilarious!

Offline joey

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 11:07:55 »
That sweet Helmet is pretty cool but i've worn it and it does limit what you can see. You lose a good bit of peripheral vision. And it is amazingly hot in it!! You could try get one of the proper gumshields made that Hurling players and boxers wear but that will limit what u can say on a river without having to be constantly taking it in and out using your dirty, river water soaked, hands!! You could always get a polo face guard and use that, wouldnt offer as much protection as the sweet but wouldn't impair your vision as much.

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 11:09:50 »
a well-fitting gumshield shouldn't obstruct your speech too much. just make sure it hangs onto your upper teeth when you open your mouth.

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 13:19:51 »
i needed one for gaelic football when i had braces and i think you'd be better off with a proper helmet, you have to get a special ortadontic gum shield hard to buy and really annoying. get the helmet clip in for you sweet shouldn't be very expensive seeingas you've already bought the helmet emai l them a s ask.

Offline Brendino

• People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durdan
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 13:52:35 »
A girl I work with has a cousin who makes gum shileds for sports people in their team colours etc. Maybe you could get a cool Disco Paddler on a gum shield if you wanted??

Let me know.

Just a thought, but are you comparing your teeth to J-Lo's Ass or Sam Fox's Boobs? They are/were insured.

Offline holly

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 19:32:08 »
hey kmck
i had a similar problem during my paddling prime (no need to laugh) and tried paddling with a gum guard but being the graceful sporting person i am it got dislodged easily and i thought i was going to choke in splashy water. (thought i had similar issues skiing too)- not so much fun.
greg b might have some words of wisdom...?
that sweet helmet looks the best bet
(but im not quite the paddling gear expert)

also i'd love to know what you come up with regarding dental insurance as im going to have to get some for next year. dave cox might have some insights

H, x

Offline Mark

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 20:25:30 »

Offline david

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 10:13:27 »
I don't reckon a full face helmet is worth it and frankly gum shields are a pain in the bollocks.

My teeth came  out on the river bank( but I always neglect to mention that if i've any beer in me).

They've never been touched while i've been in my boat.

Just tuck up and you'll be fine

Or do a cian Lyons on it and put your head right back on your back deck....

And replacing fake teeth in less painfull than replacing real teeth. But only just.

Offline david

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 10:14:49 »
On the other hand that rocker does look savage...

Offline cormac

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 10:43:01 »

Though you might not be able to breath.....   ::)