Author Topic: REC 3 - First Aid  (Read 11436 times)

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
REC 3 - First Aid
« on: January 31, 2008, 19:14:45 »
Hey all,

I'm organising a REC3 first aid course, probably in early March depending on the instructor's availability. What I need to know beforehand is how many people are interested and able (financially) to attend. The course has a flat rate cost of €1800 so it'll broken down amongst whoever attends, the maximum number of people is 12 (i.e. €150 per person).  If you are interested post up here and I'll be going forward on the basis of the interest shown.

Cheers,

Conor. ;D

Definite:                                       Maybe:                                            Accelerated Only:

Killian Halpin                                  Jody xxxx                                          Paul xxxx
Cormac Lynch                                John Flanagan                                   Cathy xxxx
Jenny Kilbride                                Kat Tierney                                       Nuala xxxx
Kyle xxxx                                      Siberian Tiger (Name?)                       
Cian Lyons

This is what I have so far, correct me if I'm wrong on this as it stands. I hadn't intended on organising an accelerated course but those of you who are interested but have no prior first aid experience there may be something in the works that'll be suitable for you coming up fairly soon.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 21:25:55 by Monkey Loving Bob »

Offline JODY

Re: REC 3 - First Aid
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 19:26:13 »
I'd be interested. It depends on the dates.... got a very busy Msrch planned ;D

Offline Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 19:33:44 »
Me too, dates dependant

Offline Paul

• Paul's Bebo
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 08:17:38 »
What prior level of training is needed? Do you need to have done water rescue before?

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 08:31:39 »
A rec 3 is a first aid course that is for outdoor pursuits. If it is the accelerated one you don't need anything prior. Having a normal first aid is a good start.

Offline cormac

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 09:58:35 »
Yep, count me in, thanks.

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 10:40:21 »
Dates dependant, count me in!

Offline Siberian Tiger

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 10:52:23 »
 Yeah conor i will be interrested in that as well, so add me up, hope I can afford it ))))))

Offline Jenny

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 12:16:14 »
I'd like to do this too but depends on the dates -i can only do the very first weekend in march

thanks

jenny kilbride

Offline kill

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 13:04:08 »
Put me down as a definite (provided it doesn't clash with the ball). I need a refresher course to enable me to continue my instructor duties. Did someone tell me you're interested in a rec4. I was talking to Mick Treacy and he's on the lookout for others to make a course feasible.

Bear in mind that the rec courses are being phased out of the ICU's recommendation list. There is another course run by some group in UCC that's recognised by the medical coucil of Ireland or some buzz like that and it's taking over.

You don't need any particular water training to do any first-aid course.
EVERYBODY SHOULD DO A FIRST AID COURSE.

Paul, you have to do a rec 2 before you do a rec3 unless the course is what's known as an accelerated rec 3 that covers the two courses in one gruelling weekend.

Offline I'm From You

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 14:06:34 »
Yes please, sign me up Kylie you big girl. Imagine paying 1800 for a first aid course!!

Offline Lorcan

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 14:57:24 »
Hey Kill
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Were currently looking at adding more courses onto the approved list rather then removing any.

Hey

Bear in mind that the rec courses are being phased out of the ICU's recommendation list. There is another course run by some group in UCC that's recognised by the medical coucil of Ireland or some buzz like that and it's taking over.

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 16:27:14 »
DUKC are also organising one of these. If both of us can't get enough people we could always mingle :D

Mingling can be fun! ;-D

Linky

Offline Paul

• Paul's Bebo
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 17:39:32 »
Paul, you have to do a rec 2 before you do a rec3 unless the course is what's known as an accelerated rec 3 that covers the two courses in one gruelling weekend.

Thanks for that info!  :) I've trained previously in first aid, CPR, etc but nothing geared towards outdoor pursuits... If it's Rec3 accelerated count me in! :)

Offline Cathy

• bebo
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 23:47:55 »
I haven't done rec 2 b4 but yeah, if it's accelerated count me in!!! (dates depending!!)