Author Topic: Whitewater Safety Training Course  (Read 2766 times)

Offline Jenny

Whitewater Safety Training Course
« on: February 04, 2008, 18:24:02 »
Hi there everyone,

Last weekend I completed a whitewater safety course in Wicklow with Brian Keogh and Colin Wong.
Even though I paddle with these guys anyway and I am biased because Brian is my boyfriend - I learned absolutely loads.
The course is specifically geared towards paddlers and includes loads of practical tips from exactly what gear you should carry to technical rope work using little tricks I hadnt seen before to scenarios etc.  Several times over the weekend I thought "ah thats a really clever little trick" or was presented with something I had never thought about before.
The course is designed in such a way that it allows those doing the course to share their ideas and experience so that we all learned from each other.
I would recommend this course for anyone that is genuinely interested in kayaking and really could not recommend it highly enough.  Like I said I am obviously biased but am honestly recommending it because I think everyone could learn something on it.

The course is being run commercially so you would have to pay to do it and will be expectd to turn up on time and without a hangover.

If you are interested you can reply to this post or contact Brian Keogh directly on 0878307214 or brian@totalexperience.ie