Author Topic: No parking in Lynam's Car Park  (Read 5162 times)

Offline kill

No parking in Lynam's Car Park
« on: March 31, 2008, 09:53:53 »
Lynam's have asked that we stop using their car park as a get-off for the annamoe as its clogging the car park up and they're losing business as a result.

Please get off at Bucky's Bridge (well known for it's endless supply of Bucky) if you're doing the Annamoe and , I assume, the Glenmacnass.

Obviously this is more of a weekend thing. I assume they have no problem with us using the car park when it's pretty empty but on a Sunday afternoon, every city person who slows down because there's an on-coming car on the other side of the road likes to park in Lynam's and enjoy their terrible soup.

Offline caz

• Koo-koo-ka-choo
Re: No parking in Lynam's Car Park
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 14:27:14 »
oh god!! now where am i going to get a sandwich for €20??? how could they do this to us?? why lynams? *small voice*   why?

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 18:38:13 »
Ahh that's a pity but sure Buckeys is only 2mins further down. I is less secure for leaving cars down there though :(

Where'd ya hear this Kill?

Offline roz

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 00:12:53 »
in my day it was always buckey´s

rant over

I miss it, oh well. I´ll just have to go surfing in Chile instead..  ;)

Offline Sara

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 09:56:41 »
The 'this car park is for customers parking not long term parking' was in the middle of the road into the car park on sunday. Benny went in to ask if it was directed at kayakers and was told by management that it was because lunch customers were having to park at Glendalough and walk up.

Sounds fair to me. It's their car park.

But it highlights the need for adaquate parking and facilities for outdoor enthusiasts in wicklow. Wicklow CoCo are actually circulating a survey looking for ideas on how to improve wicklow as an area for outfdoor persuits, I'd suggest everyone fill it out.

http://www.wicklowleader.ie/outdoorrecreation.php

Offline becca

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:23:23 »
those bastards, after all we've done for them!
puke in their facilities, use their grounds as a camp site, scare away honest salary paying customers, destroy their public credibility....and the list goes on my friends.

well damn them, thats what i say.