Author Topic: NEW SHINY PADDLING GEAR  (Read 6352 times)

Offline FINN

NEW SHINY PADDLING GEAR
« on: April 24, 2008, 14:53:52 »
Hey guys
Im going to buy a new set of blades, im looking for some advice on what to get.
My favourite blade ive used was werner sherpas, but id prefer the players for playboating as sherpas were a little big and awkward. I also tried the h20 team cranks but didnt like them.
Ill be spending around €300 and want to get something very strong
What do you reccomend????:) :)

oops i just noticed kyles post about blades :)
well any other opinions would be great
I would be prioritising play over river running
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 15:11:09 by FINN »

Offline canned

Re: NEW SHINY PADDLING GEAR
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 14:57:34 »
If you want a powerfull blade then try the Werner Sidekick... excellent for river running & playboating.

There's a uk based company too. Mitchell blades - some reasonable prices on paddles with an apparently very good reputation.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 16:24:38 »
side kick? no way, definitely werner players, awesome for rivers and play, mainly a playboating design though, joey has a set n if you ask him nicely he might let you try them, kylie also has a set but his are longer which is not so good for play-(funny both of them have the players as second blades, ah to have money!) they're a little over 300 but well worth it.

Offline slapper

• http://NewZealand05.com
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 17:08:41 »
I use players. Lovely blades. Plenty of power in them for me. Had sidekicks before, but prefer the size of the players.

General concensus seems to be that you're better off going for the smaller blade.

Try this website:
http://www.cheltenham-canoes.co.uk/products/paddles/paddles-white-water-surf.htm

Assuming shipping costs about £20, the total cost of the werner players would be approx €260, which is around €90 less than greatoutdoors!

you could email them and ask what else they have. I got wener player crank shafts for less than the straight shaft players in greatoutdoors.

whatever you end up getting, try to buy them online. You'll likely save yourself a lot of money

Offline roz

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 20:22:29 »
or you could just get a boyfriend who is sponsered by werner, like me  ;D

(or take John´s advice... )

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 20:44:51 »
As you know I got the players and sherpa's, I've still to unwrap the sherpas. Their both 0degree, players are 191 and the sherpa's are 197 in lenght. If you want to try them out sometime let me know!

I'm loving the players!

EDIT: Oh and on the buying side of things the players are €270 from I-canoe. I got them from America for $230 + $150shipping + €40/50duty - Works out at €230 + if you were to buy 2/3blades with some other people you could spread the shipping cost as 3blades fit into the one box. Also I could probably get you the same 10% discount I got.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 20:50:55 by kjt »

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 13:35:01 »
i'm getting a set of AT2's.. there the absolute bomb and every kayakers wetdream, no question.

if someone wants to jump on the dollar exchange rate with me, and half the shipping rate. 
let me know.

ps. kyle you maths is all over the shop, sort it out.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 13:38:27 by Ritchie »

Offline kill

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 13:45:25 »
AT's are great blades, and very expensive.

I've had my Werner Players for over a year now and they haven't broken yet. This makes them the most successful blades in my history.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 14:11:46 »
yeah I thought about at2's. Tried them and the blades I have now out on the nile. AT's are pretty wicked but I've heard mixed reports about them, I've come across a lot of people who've broken them. Especially the AT2's, problem with them is they're one construction so if you just break a blade the whole paddle is f**ked. They also have a strange feel to them, takes a while to get used to them nice balde though, really powerfull. I personally found the werner double diamonds easier to adapt to and there's no doubt about it they are the best paddle on the planet. Also werner seem to last forever, just look at the amount of people with really old but still solid werner blades.

ps. before anyone asks or comments, I am not sponsored by werner. :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 14:13:40 by Dave B »

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 15:03:27 »
ps. before anyone asks or comments, I am not sponsored by werner. :P

We know, you'd have to be shithot to be sponsored by werner ;)

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 01:49:05 »
oh wow dave, after that endorsement i want to get some werner blades. to you know of any good place in dublin to buy such and amazing piece of equipment?

Offline Galwayhead

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 16:29:26 »
A mate o mine is selling his Werner powerhouses for €200

http://www.irishfreestyle.com/node/2888