Author Topic: L4 Training  (Read 15154 times)

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
  • Who wants to do that thing we always do?
L4 Training
« on: November 07, 2008, 00:41:23 »
OK guys, so the weekend after next, i.e. the weekend of the 15th and 16th I'm organising some L4 training.
The training is aimed at those who have received there L3 assesment and are looking to progress towards L4 standard, and the ability to achieve a L4 assesment.
The training will be run in Wicklow, trooperstown to Jacksons, and will be run by none other then Tom "The Bomb" Bannon.
This is of course completely water and numbers depended.
Tom has offered to do both the Saturday and the Sunday, with 4 people in each session, so there are a total possible of 8 places available.

(Tom will Let U know what gear and stuff you will need for this)

Offline caz

• Koo-koo-ka-choo
Re: L4 Training
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 13:03:49 »
hi roger i am interested!

Offline Lambe

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 14:53:27 »
Sign me up brutha, is this club ran or do we need private gear

Offline Douchier

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 15:41:50 »
Sign me up luv.

Offline Nuala

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 19:06:05 »
I'm in for the Sunday. Have most of own gear except some rescue maybe, just need lift.

Offline caz

• Koo-koo-ka-choo
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 09:51:45 »
is this thing still going ahead? any more details on it? eg what time, what gear to bring...  cheers

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 14:38:10 »
This training will probably go ahead, some organising has to be done first will let u all know.

Offline TomB

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 08:15:14 »
Hey Folks,

For this weekend, the plan is to meet at Laragh for 9.30am. The reason for the early start is because the day is quite a long one. As a result you will need to be dressed for a long days boating.

As part of the day, you will be swimming, but we will leave this to the end.

I would advice that people bring a lunch with them and a dry bag to bring it paddling. We will stop for food on the way down.

Below is a link for the Level 4 kayak skills and this is basically what we will be going through over the day. Have a good read of this.

http://www.canoe.ie/LinkClick.aspx?link=Skills+Awards%2fLevel+4+Kayaking+Skills.doc&tabid=978&mid=1991&language=en-GB

In terms of gear, you only need to bring the entire gear list for your assessment. For the week end, I would like to see people in a creek/river runner kayak. You will need to bring a throw bag, sling and carabiner. Once you bring these you must also have a knife.

Roger, how many are doing this coarse? Drop me a text

See you at the week end.

Tom

Offline Nuala

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 11:57:04 »
Is it still running both Saturday and Sunday?

Is anyone giving a lift on Sunday?

Are we allowed take club boats?

Offline Evan

• We Live In Beijing
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 12:52:05 »
You're the equipment officer. You should be telling others if they're allowed to take club boats.

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 13:00:46 »
No I should. No, unfortunately Tom's recent Level four instructor assesment was cancelled due to water levels(lack thereof) so he is not officially a L4 instructor yet so all gear on this trip will have to be private. Tom can supply the boats but everything else has to be ur own.

Offline Douchier

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 13:57:52 »
Cool, will it definately be happening on Saturday? What's the story with getting there?

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 15:03:32 »
Ok guys this training will be going ahead, will post up the final details tomorrow, in the meantime if you don't have the following equipment you'll have to source it for the weekend else you will not be able to do the assesment.
Paddles, deck, helmet, rescue boyance(with harness), cag, sling, screw gate carabiner, throw rope and a river knife. Tom wants creekers for this training, he will supply the boats. Keep an eye on this board.,

Offline Douchier

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 15:11:31 »
Cheers Roger.

else you will not be able to do the assesment
Assessment? Wha?

Offline Nuala

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 15:21:20 »
Right who wants to give me a lift to wicklow?