Author Topic: Pre-Colours Night Out!!!  (Read 25603 times)

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
Pre-Colours Night Out!!!
« on: November 07, 2008, 20:53:29 »
Heyhey People!!!

On top of the FABULOUS Night we're going to have on Tuesday there is going to be a PRE-COLOURS night out with the enemy (Trinity) next Thursday the 13th of November. I've been told by the Trinity captain that there has been a big influx of hot girls too if that floats anyones boat....

The middle floor of Messrs Maguire is booked out for us and all!! WooWoooo!!! So we'll head there after the pool!

It'll be great craic!!

Asho x
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 10:52:04 by Asho87 »

Offline KarlC

• veni vidi vici
Re: Pre-Colours Night Out!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 21:03:13 »
hot girls you say...i'm in

Offline Tr Ash

• Your an inanimate f&%king object!!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 23:38:13 »
that there has been a big influx of hot girls too

combined with all the hot girls already in the club :)

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 09:03:19 »
Got the email, I missed the humour and spontaneous nature of the emails past. I think tuesday will be a kayaktastic event in the blue room and going out with trinity will be a drinktastic event. Of course colours will be a surftastic event. For some reason Nuala doesn't like the plasitcity of the english language. So lets keep up this englishtastic conversation

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 10:26:10 »
Gheytastic!

Offline Nuala

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 19:04:13 »
Die.

Offline becca

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 19:28:01 »
Got the email, I missed the humour and spontaneous nature of the emails past. I think tuesday will be a kayaktastic event in the blue room and going out with trinity will be a drinktastic event. Of course colours will be a surftastic event. For some reason Nuala doesn't like the plasitcity of the english language. So lets keep up this englishtastic conversation

what does this mean?

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 09:00:54 »
Here is an explaination, adding tastic to the end of a word upsets nuala. Karen puts alot of colour and made up words in her emails to freshers. The last one was very formal without even some bubble writting, so I thought we could wind up Nuala by using the eviltastic words.

Offline Bill C

• This can only go well
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 16:37:26 »
Karen puts alot of colour and made up words in her emails to freshers. The last one was very formal without even some bubble writting

The thesauras has a lot to answer for.

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 18:37:13 »
For those of you who were too cheap to join and aren't on the mailing list: :) :) :)

My esteemed friends and colleagues.

You will all be exceedingly pleased to hear that this communication, due to complaints received over the past week, shall be composed entirely of English, without a single fictional word, phrase or expression, id est, fun is being omitted.

Now, with that business taken care of I can attend to the task at hand, that is, to inform you, my comrades, as is my duty, of forthcoming happenings in the business of our most wonderful University College Dublin Dublin Canoe Club, these being, the education of we inexperienced plebeians to the wonders of kayaking in countries outside the usual reach, in other words, outside the Pale, by paddlers of unquestionable skill and courage, who, with the assistance of most useful presentations and pictorial aids, will endeavour to enlighten and misinform us about their various wanderings and accomplishments across the globe. This evening, of tutorship and amusement will, insofar as events have, and indeed can be, delineated, will occur on Tuesday the 11th of November in the most commodious Blue Room, located, for those who remain unaware, on the first elevation of the Student Centre, superior to the Astra Hall. Proceedings will commence at 7pm, and, to add to the excitement, the obtainment of a most coveted liquor license, has successfully taken place, ergo my advice to you, my (in the season of Guy Faulkes) co-conspirators, is to come well prepared and equipped, whencesoever you may source your supplies, to enjoy some light abuse of the well known, and most revered, poison, known to those of a scientific, or more specifically, chemical, bent, as ethyl alcohol, or, in the vernacular, simply beer.   

The second, and, for some, less significant, though for others, more significant, event taking place, will be a "Pre-Colours Drinks", with our well-regarded neighbours and companions, on and off the water, those Godless Protestants, from our nations most decrepit and senile college, Dublin University, Trinity College Dublin. In the spirit of friendship and continuous, courteous cross-club cooperation (not to mention curious), on Thursday, after our weekly excursions in the Sean McDermott area, in lieu of the customary trip to our most comfortable O'Neil's, we have, in a exciting development, the middle floor booked of the reputable bier hall, Messieurs Maguire's. I implore all members to attend, and have been informed of a recent influx, adding to those already present, of "smoking hot mademoiselles" into the Trinity club.

My third and final point of business is to issue a gentle, yet stalwart reminder about the upcoming Lahinch weekend away. I don't think I would be mistaken in assuring you that this trip, one of the highlights of the year, is, in the hierarchy of the import of events, quite high. To miss this particular excursion, due to non-extenuating circumstances, would be quite unwise.

Now, having accomplished the task I was set, that is, to deliver this most important information to my freshers, and, indeed, to members beyond my stewardship, I may rest, enjoy a cup of tea, and perhaps, a biscuit.

I leave you now, better informed, I hope, than I found you, in all sincerity and your most gracious servant and New Members Liaison Officer

Karen

Offline caz

• Koo-koo-ka-choo
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 19:33:39 »
this is a huge change from karens previous emails which were riddled with neologisms and felt like being on an acid trip when you read them  ;D

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 19:38:22 »
People, stop using big words, it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Towelyey

• Boobs Officer
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 20:13:37 »
wow thats all i have to say........ WOW!!

Cuto's Karen :)

Offline kill

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 20:40:06 »
The present participle 'exciting' begins with a vowel and therefore the preceeding indefinate article should be 'an' and not 'a'.

Yours etc.

Killian.

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 20:46:44 »
the quality of one's english is defined by its effective communication of its message, and not its adherence to grammatical rules.

the proof of the pudding is in the eating (and not in the pudding, as many would have you believe): I didn't finish karen's latest email.

bring back the old style!