Author Topic: Boat Advice?  (Read 10212 times)

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
Boat Advice?
« on: November 14, 2008, 10:19:05 »
That's right folks I'm opening that can of worms  :o

Ok, so I am once more in the market for a playboat, I've got one or two in mind however ever the person to be open to new experiences I'm keeping an open mind on what I should be looking at. The reason I'm moving on from the agent is that I find it a bit too big for me and I suck at playboating, I'm not a blunting/backstabbing/phonix donkey monkey flipping hero - I'm just looking for something comfortable, slightly lower volume, easier to cartwheel, etc...

That pretty much sums up what I'm looking for, but I'm also vain, so it's gotta look cool  ;D
I jest,  but any opinions are welcomed - just try and back them up with a reason beyond 'I think it's great because I have one and love it'

CHeers,

Conor.

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: Boat Advice?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:34:45 »
I like the superstar, I think it's great because I have one ::). I find very comfartable and like the outfiitting. However I suck worse at playboating than you do, I have to say it really likes the surfing and once I got used to it, it was as much fun as the I3 was. I tried the project it was just a little to small in the medium and to big in it's large version. I didn't mind the zg but overall the superstar covered what I was looking for. A good boat to bring on easy rivers and to go surfing with, I know you have views on the thigh grips or lack thereof, but happy feet with happy cheeks make it a very comfortable option for me.

Offline Meabh's dad

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 10:36:02 »
but any opinions are welcomed

Fair enough; I don't see what you've got to be so vain about.

You're welcome.

MD

Offline KarlC

• veni vidi vici
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 11:02:12 »
may i ask what ones you have in mind?

Offline Sara

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 11:04:39 »
have you tried the medium boats? you can try my project 45 anytime.

Sara

Offline Dave B

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 11:41:36 »
hmm, well clearly I can't convince you to get another dagger agent  ;) .... i'd try the jackson, when i paddled cians it was really comfortable, and very easy to paddle, despite me being way off the right weight.. possible the best cartwheel boat i've paddled since the wavesporrt xxx...

while i'm talking about the jackson, for anyone out there paddling one, do you find the backrest slips down a lot?? I've heard it from one or two owners.

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 11:55:41 »
go for another Agent...... red instead of green. (i'd be interested to see if it makes any difference??)

Offline JODY

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 12:06:35 »
The Jackson backrest is crap! Has anyone figured out how to make it better? It might as well not be there. Does replacing it work?

Other than that the boat is great... come on Kylie... join the cool kids, get an allstar!!!  :D

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 12:26:30 »
Right boats I intend on looking at are:

Wavesport ZG54 - Because it seems to tick all the boxes, still a little tight as far as I remember though, but I loved it when I tried it before.

Project 62 - Because everyone and their uncle who doesn't have a star seems to have a project and they can't all be wrong

Superstar - As above, just swap the 'star' and 'project'

Riot Flair & Astro - I have vague recollections of sitting in a flair and saying wow this is comfy, so I'm gonna give 'em a go

Bliss-Stick Smoothy - because I love my Mystic and will try anything BlissStick made at the mo.

That's my list at the moment, but open to review at any time.

Sara, thanks for the offer but Dave Coxes Project 52 was like a pair of size six shoes on me, no way I was getting into that!!!

Ritchie, fair point in that it's gonna be swapping like for like with any of the big manufaturers boats really, all i'm doing is looking for a boat that fits me - after that it's all down to my own ability.

Cheers so far,

Conor

Offline KarlC

• veni vidi vici
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 12:27:51 »
you can try my project 62 if you like but it might be a bit big if the agent is
id go for the zg 54 its a great boat

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 12:53:36 »
Kylie, i think you've been on this board long enough to realise that all suggestions regarding boats are completely pointless, just get out there and try them and make your own mind up. There are boats out there which i think are heaps of crap, other people love them..... different boats, different strokes!!!

Having said that try and get your hands on Lorcans/Billys ZG for a go.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:57:50 by Ritchie »

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 13:08:20 »
have you tryed the agent....

my size one?? you'll fit in that.

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 18:05:45 »
Theirs a lovely boat for sale here.

Offline bexifurr

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 18:36:54 »
I love the jackson, it's a very forgiving boat, and very easy to throw around. It loops by itself.

What's wrong with your backrest JOdy? Is it broken or is it just not sticking?
DAve showed me how to work my one. I was confuzzled til then.

Offline caz

• Koo-koo-ka-choo
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 21:49:43 »
yeah i also find the backrest is rather crap, slides down all the time. maybe there is a knack to using it that i don't know?