Author Topic: Kerry  (Read 34699 times)

Offline Diarmaid

Re: Kerry
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 15:57:20 »
don't worry, the pork restrictions are likely to be lifted in a few days. that's plenty of time to look forward to tesco value corn flakes for breakfast.

Offline Evan

• We Live In Beijing
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 16:15:20 »
If people can start to post up the dates that they will be down as well just so that we know how many we have in the houses each night. Places are limited...

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 16:33:02 »
the story with gear is a bit confusing at the moment.

right now the ucd canoe club gear may only be used on official club trips.

i have been talking to the appropriate authorities about this and there is a chance that we may be allowed to let people borrow club gear in kerry. this is still just a possibility, NOT a PROBABLILITY.

if you are in kerry for the fulll time there should be atleast two river trips, this however depends on availability of instructors, water levels, flat tyres, bruised bodies, hungover drivers, disease, famine, natural disasters and any thing else that you can think of.

Offline KarlC

• veni vidi vici
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 17:21:52 »
If people can start to post up the dates that they will be down as well just so that we know how many we have in the houses each night. Places are limited...

just new years eve for me

Offline Lambe

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 17:25:18 »
Question: Im not staying in club house but will need some club gear (helmet, buoyancy and blades), do I need to pay anything for them??

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 17:32:59 »
as things stand you will only be allowed to use them on official club kayaking trips but i dont see why you would have to pay for them.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 18:00:30 »
On kerry, budget, budget and budget. If you go large on the first night decide to buy drink for the entire pub and live on a loaf of bread for the week bad choice.
1:Buy booze from aldi outside killarney, cheaper than the local offie, rob from home.
2:Get mam or dad or a stranger in the street to buy you a good multi vitamin.
3: Bring warm clothes, I know a short skirt and heels with get you more attention but you'd be suprised how cold it can get.
4: The club house is only a short stumble from the pub, learn the way and bring a torch
5: Have a few 2 euro coins in your pocket for the meter.
6: Pay your driver before you start drinking, maybe pay them for the return trip as well. Pay for the house as soon as you get there, then you will know how much cash you have.
7: Kerry is a great week, loads of fun but a little forward planning can make it even better.

Offline Galwayhead

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 18:31:09 »
I posted this on the wrong thread earlier, apologies for that.

Can I jump into a club house for the week?

Is there anyone who can bring me and my boat? To Dee's mass and then Kerry, but not necessarily back?

Who do I give the money to? Would in Kerry be too late?

Cheers

Aodhán

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 20:11:13 »
no, dude i jsut ment that the house sign up is here, the asking for lifts in on the other thread. you have all your bases covered no though so ....

Offline Towelyey

• Boobs Officer
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 20:39:18 »
Im going to kerry but im not staying in the club house so you will get none you hear me NONE of my money!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY KERRY I CANT WAIT - i may even be more excited about kerry than i am about christmas!! no... wait... i am i totally am!!

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 21:39:30 »
Right so, I might be able to go if I can get at least 1 person to go down with me and 1 person to go back with me from the 28th to the 30th!! I.E. Go down on the the 28th and come back on the 30th, early, around 11!! I'm driving by the way!!!

Jer

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 22:05:56 »
I'd take the lift down but I'd like to be there for new years... If no one else takes you up on the offer it would at least mean some petrol money for yourself. Why can you only take one anyway, very small car?

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 22:10:34 »
alison there'd be something very wrong with you if you were looking forward to Christmas more than Kerry.

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 22:11:45 »
I'd take the lift down but I'd like to be there for new years... If no one else takes you up on the offer it would at least mean some petrol money for yourself. Why can you only take one anyway, very small car?
At least one man, I might be able to take three but it's a Fiesta steel, not the biggest car on the market, lol. I need someone to come back with me too though, I don't want to fall asleep half way!!!!

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 22:20:16 »
you'll fall asleep whether there's anyone in the car or not.

at least if you're alone, you don't have to watch people sleeping peacefully in your car and then waking up at the McDonald's in Roscrea and saying they're tired.

my fresher Kerry I had to drive home in the dark in prescription sunglasses. that was horrible...