Author Topic: NORWAAAHAAAYYY paddling course.......(TM)  (Read 4396 times)

Offline Tr Ash

• Your an inanimate f&%king object!!
NORWAAAHAAAYYY paddling course.......(TM)
« on: February 11, 2009, 16:50:46 »
hey, Im doing the gene17 progressive and dynamic kayaking course in Norway from the 5-12th July this summer and looking for friendly faces to come along! :D
 gene17 have a special offer for Feb only that you can book 3 people for the price of 2 people....and they'll organize the groups of 3 people if ya cant apply with anyone.....that means the week in Norway with full board acc and tuition would be 834e plus flights. The deposit for the course is 450euro.

Let me know if your interested on 0863193050

Offline Lambe

Re: NORWAAAHAAAYYY paddling course.......(TM)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 16:52:25 »
What level paddling??

Offline Tr Ash

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 17:00:28 »
here's what they sent me in an email:

Gene17 wrote:

"Our Norway trip is aimed at paddlers wishing to hit bigger volume for the first time.  This trip is not all big and bounce, we hit some steeps too, with drop clinics and then steep creeking.

The very nature of the WW in Norway, is powerful, and as such Class III has push, where you may need to paddle to retain the correct line, and although straight forward its a challenge where paddlers will need to step up to, if unfamiliar with this style of WW.  Numerous images from previous trips can be seen here: http://flickr.com/photos/gene17kayaking … 328078550/

Thus if you find these images attractive and you'd like to join us in Norway, you are welcome.  If you feel like you wish to have more technique development on Class III/IV, our Fundamental Skills trip to Slovenia is very popular for paddlers looking to be solid on Class III and gain the skills set for Class IV. The Soca River is less powerful than the runs of Norway."

what im getting from that is solid grade 3 paddler on bigger water looking to move onto grade 4 water and have already tired a few grade 4 runs kinda-thing.....will be a challenge but im up for it! :P
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 17:02:55 by Trinity Ash »

Offline Karen

• Chocolate!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 16:06:45 »
"The price includes guiding and instruction, and full logisitcs. It doesn’t cover your food, accommodation, flights, personal and health insurance, alcohol or boat and paddling equipment hire"

Offline JODY

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 16:18:52 »
Where di you hear that Karen?

Website say:
"The price includes teaching and instruction, full accommodation, river shuttles* and use of a full spec whitewater kayak** from our demo fleet. It doesn’t cover your flight, personal & health insurance, alcohol, equipment hire or your last evening’s dinner"

Offline Karen

• Chocolate!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 13:34:42 »
I thought it was http://gene17.com/kayaking/trips/sjoa/sjoariver.htm but that ways what you posted. Maybe I saw an older version...

Sorry, twas this one
http://gene17.com/kayaking/adventures/sjoa/sjoa.html

Are they talking about the same trip? - same dates and same instructors? Confused...

Offline Tr Ash

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 17:25:35 »
iva paid my deposit anyways.....so see ay over there if anyone does go for it!! :D

also, might be around a few days before and after the course for a bitta paddling if anyone's around......preferably afterwards.....i'll be awesome by then!! :P :P haha!

anyway, sign up guys! the more the merrier:)

oh and for the confision above, im doing the guided trip not the adventure one.....so its this one "
The price includes teaching and instruction, full accommodation, river shuttles* and use of a full spec whitewater kayak** from our demo fleet. It doesn’t cover your flight, personal & health insurance, alcohol, equipment hire or your last evening’s dinner"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 17:27:16 by Trinity Ash »