Author Topic: Charity Canoe Challenges  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Sick Boy

Charity Canoe Challenges
« on: February 27, 2009, 15:43:16 »
hay guys and girls,
i got this email the other day and figured that maybe some of you might be interested in participating. how about it?

I am writing to you as Events Co-ordinator, Ulster Cancer Foundation, to tell you about two new and exciting Canoe Challenges that we will be holding.
Paddle the Bann will take place from 30th - 31st May 2009 and will involve an overnight stay and meal in a local restaurant and our Scottish Canoe Challenge will take place from 8th – 15th August 2009 – canoeing from the West to the East coast of Scotland through Great Glen Loch & River System and will include wild camping.

The Ulster Cancer Foundation is always seeking ‘active people’ to participate in our events to raise vital funds towards our lifesaving work of cancer research, care and support services for cancer patients and their families and cancer prevention programmes that help save lives.  As you may know UCF is a local charity, working exclusively in Northern Ireland for the benefit of local people. We receive very little external funding and rely on the support of the local community to continue our work, year on year.

I would be very grateful if you would help promote these events to your members by displaying the attached leaflets in your club or simply distributing the leaflets via email.  Perhaps it would be possible for your club to incorporate one of these activities within your year’s programme.

In whatever way you can help we would be very grateful!  Your club members may even be interested in some of our other events to boost fitness – simply visit www.ulstercancer.org/events for our full list of upcoming events!

Thanking you in anticipation.

Sarah Atcheson.

NB:  Next year we are considering arranging a ‘Canoe Canada Event’ and would love to hear from you if you would be interested in participating in this event – all details have not yet been confirmed.

Sarah Atcheson

PA/Administrator

Appeals & Marketing

Tel: 028 9068 0765

Fax: 028 9066 8715

Offline I'm From You

Re: Charity Canoe Challenges
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 16:13:01 »
Don't know if I'll be in the country for the May event but this would be good to do. I did the Bann years ago. Its a good fun river. (grade 3 as far as I remember). Got some good rapids and play waves. Might be a nice change for the club.

J

Offline Nuala

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 17:43:10 »
May is right before our exams though.

Offline Matt

• Senior Treasurer 13/14
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 17:53:13 »
Exams are finished on the 16th of may - this would be on after them

Offline Nuala