Author Topic: Two boats for 1200!!!  (Read 7019 times)

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
Two boats for 1200!!!
« on: May 26, 2009, 11:18:37 »
I went on I-canoe yesterday day I came upon an offer of a creeker and playboat for 1200. Can't remember what make they are and I couldn't find the page it was again so maybe I made this up...

I didn't though.

Edit- here is the link for um!!

http://www.i-canoe.com/Super+Stock+Clearance/Creek+And+Play+Kayak+Package.html
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:22:47 by Ley-Ley »

Offline Simon R.

Re: Two boats for 1200!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 09:04:04 »
theres a very very good reason hes trying to get rid of them............

Offline Adrian

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 13:23:57 »
theres a very very good reason hes trying to get rid of them............

Which is?

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 15:11:10 »
My GOD they actually brought out a creeker!!!!..

whatever about the playboats, the creeker should defo come with a health warning.
Seriously though , i actually winced when i saw the word "fluid" and "creeker" together.   

Offline NiallQUB

• My blog
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:23:28 »
Well to contradict everyone else.

Ive paddled both and loved the pair of them. The flirt isnt a bad boat, its a bit on the heavy side and also requires quite a bit of weight to throw around but its pretty comfy and did everything it was supposed to. It is possibly the easiest boat to loop Ive ever paddled in.

Solo isnt a bad boat either, outfitting is nice and simple. Its comfortable and the plastic is absolutely bombproof.
In all fairness its a creekboat, what more needs to be said!
My only complaint is that I hated the rails on the boat, but then again I dont like semi-displacement hulls full stop as im too used to paddling playboats with nice sharp rails.

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 18:08:16 »
the flirt is a terrible playboat. i am willing to fight anyone who says different

Offline Adrian

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 22:00:20 »
the flirt is a terrible playboat. i am willing to fight anyone who says different

Well I never thought it would come to blows..... The Flirt isn't terrible to be fair to it, having paddled on for a couple of weeks I would say that after some serious seat raising its not the worse boat out there and in a hole its comparable to any of the other boats out there. Where is would fall down is that it is pretty good on Ugandan / Zam size waves I imagine it would struggle on Gower.

The Solo is a hugely under rated boat, the design is very good and as Niall said the cross linked plastic makes it super solid, I like the plastic step out pillar and the overall feel of the boat on the water. It feels much like a more responsive WS Habitat.

Obvioulsy I'm a touch bias towards i-canoe,

Adrian

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 16:57:45 »
The only reason they paddle them on the Zam/Ugan is because they're made in SA and are the cheapest boats to get out there.

Even people i've met, who are sponsored by them don't even like the boats. But i guess there will always be some die-hard fans... kinda like Tayto crips.