Author Topic: Cold times ahead, for Rathdrum to the Meetings  (Read 13039 times)

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
Cold times ahead, for Rathdrum to the Meetings
« on: November 27, 2009, 09:38:45 »
Ello, ello. I'm just posting up to make sure you all remember to bring lots of thermals and a wetsuit for tomorrow. If you don't have a wetsuit you can borrow one from the club but if you are thinking about sticking with kayaking you should buy your own.

Also bring warm clothes and food for after the river trip to make yourselves as comfortable as possible. Afterall, I'm only one person, you can't all cosy up to me! Bring a smile as well, that always warms me up!

I don't know about ye lot but I can't wait for this Christmas break! I need to rest or I'll fall apart at the seams, wahey!!
Rathdrum to the Meetings is the section we'll be doing

Lots of Love.

Leighton aka Ley-Ley aka Ley aka Ley-face aka Manatee aka Cabbage Junior.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:48:58 by rog »

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
Re: Cold times ahead, for Rathdrum to the Meetings
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 10:59:19 »

Afterall, I'm only one person, you can't all cosy up to me!

Awh...

Although a manatee could cosy up to all of us....

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 11:03:26 »
What time does the club think it will be there? If you can get yourselves there by eleven it would be great as that section has a long car drop.
Advice to freshers on termals, I think you all know by now that cotton sucks as a termal. Cotton comes from plants and plants don't get cold or at least don't complain about it.
Swimming hats, you may notice that some people use a neoprene skull cap under their helmet, you can use an old latex swiming cap and get similar termal properties. Most of your heat leaves through your head so wearing a swimming cap will help keep you warm. Diarmaid used to wear a pair of tights on his head, we think it was for this reason.
Termals, dunnes do termals for about €15 a piece they are black and called extreme? something you can find them in the mens underwear section.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eat well before getting on the water as this is the fuel you will use for the day both for paddling and keeping yourself warm.

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
  • Who wants to do that thing we always do?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 12:51:02 »
If you can get yourselves there by eleven
Mckevit are you mad? We'll be leaving the boathouse at half 10, its about an hour - hour and a half drive, we'll be there at half 11, earliest

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 13:07:48 »
Just a crazy idea, considering that it was on this stretch we had to walk off a number of years ago due to lack of daylight. If you leave early you give yourself a better margin of error at this time of year. Sunset is about four o clock tomorrow. So going on the last trip you guys arrived at around twelve and we were on the water by about one. We where off the water at around four and that stretch is shorter. Up to you because I will meet you there and will be early as is my nature.

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 13:13:11 »
Yeah, for sure, we'll aim to get there as early as possible.

Offline DNKY

• I Heart Cones!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 14:14:29 »
so THATS what a manatee looks like!! WOWSERS!!!  afro.gifhmmm whats this teletype business....

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 15:14:27 »
Ah, it was you who didn't know what a manatee looked like!! I thought it was Carla, ha!!

Offline Tiny Tim

• Committee 10/11
  • Ickle Dave
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 15:46:55 »
hes right really, and getting off in the dark sucks ass all it takes is a couple of swims or a missing paddle to really hold you back.
is there any way of speeding the process up in the mornings, you know, other than getting up early? wat do people think?

Offline Carla!

• Committee 10/11
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 15:47:14 »
i didnt know either... until that beautiful day last week when you enlightened me by sending me that picture

my life hasnt been the same since....

its my wallpaper now, i also have a poster of it on my wall that i look at every night as i fall asleep

such a beautiful looking creature ^-^

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 16:07:46 »
hes right really, and getting off in the dark sucks ass all it takes is a couple of swims or a missing paddle to really hold you back.
is there any way of speeding the process up in the mornings, you know, other than getting up early? wat do people think?

To get 15 - 20 people loaded on to a bus, and their gear loaded on to a trailer that has to be tied always takes about at least 15 - 20 minutes(and thats with a lot of people helping out) , then there's the delay of people figuring out what boat they're gonna take and all that, the only way to leave earlier is to meet earlier, or to load the gear the day before.

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 16:13:25 »
i didnt know either... until that beautiful day last week when you enlightened me by sending me that picture

its my wallpaper now, i also have a poster of it on my wall that i look at every night as i fall asleep

Everytime you look at that poster you are looking at me!! :D

In regards to getting on the road sooner, if people didn't stand around looking it would get done sooner. Putting the boats on the trailer and tying them takes little time, its the choosing of the boats that's the problem!!

Offline Carla!

• Committee 10/11
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 16:18:47 »

Everytime you look at that poster you are looking at me!!

OHHHHHH.... that explains why iv been having so many wet dreams this last week.....
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 16:20:29 by Carla! »

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 16:22:51 »
 :DWow, that was an epic fail!! Bestiality is a crime Carla!!

Offline Carla!

• Committee 10/11
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 16:31:29 »
trees are living creatures too leighton.

and if i do remember correctly you were hugging one on our last river trip i wicklow...

welcome to the beastialty club