Author Topic: Kerry 10/11  (Read 19079 times)

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
Re: Kerry 10/11
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 12:04:20 »
Wah wah wah cold, wah wah wah walls, wah wah wah moan. I like the ice boxes, it's not too cold and I didn't get sick and I rolled around in the snow a lot!!

But, I also like wearing womens shoes so my opinion doesn't count.

Jer

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 12:17:02 »
I didn't get sick

One night I had to keep you propped up on your side because I was afraid you'd throw up. Then you woke up sat up on the bed and puked all over the floor.

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 12:30:49 »
That's a different sick, I did that on purpose. I mean ammune system deficient sick! Fecking eejit.

Offline Evan

• We Live In Beijing
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 12:56:51 »
That's a different sick, I did that on purpose. I mean ammune system deficient sick! Fecking eejit.

Ahem...Fecking eejit
 ;D

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 14:46:09 »
It's an immune system Leighton. Maybe you're describing some sort of ammunition system???

Everyone gets the Kerry cold no matter where you stay. At least in a nice house you know it's just a cold and not something crazy from the mould in the iceboxes.

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 15:24:33 »
i'm not swayed either way both have their pros and cons...could be cool to try something new alright...

i agree with Ley although i don't wear womens shoes!and i have an immune system no ammo in me!  :)

Remember when everyone had to pile into one room wearing full outdoor gear and crowd around the fire to stay even remotely warm?

some atmosphere though....  8)

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 15:28:40 »
It doesn't matter where you stay you will get a great atmosphere going, when we moved to castlegregory there was a good atmosphere there. I would say however that keeping the club house tidy has dropped off in recent years, not sure if it is due to the fact so many of you still live at home and using a brush is something you only do with your hair? Now that last sentence should get some worms going in this post!

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 15:36:01 »
ha yeah you've just tossed a grenade into that can of worms! the party house was tidy enough....certainly cudos to bill and robyn who kept the smaller one constantly tidy!! did you see it? coz it wasn't a mess at all...

i didn't mean that there wouldn't be a great atmosphere if we moved (there obviously will be a great atmosphere regardless)- i was just pointing out that there was a great atmosphere despite to the cold!it meanyt we all had to get cosy...  :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 15:38:41 by Eoghan »

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
  • Who wants to do that thing we always do?
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 15:54:52 »
The club house isn't supposed to be "tidy"

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 16:35:23 »
When I stayed in the club house in first year there was nearly 30 people in it and it was far cleaner than I have seen the club house over the last few years. Every morning before paddling all the sleeping bags and gear were stored away because the landlord could come at anytime. If you weren't paddling you were expected to clean. When you came back from the river you sorted your gear, then your food and then you cleaned up before continuing your boozing. With so many people in a house you just couldn't do it any other way. So young people today are lazy and need a haircut. This should continue tickling the worms so that there is some sort of argument going!

Offline Amanda

• Light shop
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 16:54:51 »
The club house isn't supposed to be "tidy"

Was I that drunk as i don't remember then as being that bad? It is hard to really clean a house where the floors won't dry and warm water is hard to come by. Be nice kieran.

I do think the club should move just for value for money. A move could see the club with three houses and maybe even a person per bed at the beginning and end of the week. You should almost have payed the fresher to stay in last years party house. It was colder inside then out. This is the second year there has been ice on the walk home you can assume it will be another cold one next year.

There is nothing quite like walking into a house to the humming of an oil boiler to welcome you when there is snow on the ground.

Glenbeigh would see the people having to pay for a taxi (2/3 euro a head) or walking to the Ross Inn, a distance of what 2km and you can always cycle. How many of ye are living further then that from campus?

The Ross Inn although an improvement on the year before isn't great. It can be cold and hard to order a drink. Spending a night or two drinking in the village would take a change of habit for the club and not all the other clubs will follow, but then again you would only be cleaning up your own mess the following morning. New years and busyer night could still be spent in the Ross.

It might be worth looking into moving the table quiz to the village. The towers or the glenbeigh hotel would probably be more welcoming of the business and might provide stop prizes or even overly salted chips were closing time should be.

If staying in glenbeigh you can walk to the shop to re buy the sausages the oldies stole the night before there is also a take away for visiting on that drunken stroll home.

http://www.irishwhitewater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=493

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 17:03:23 »
I was nice! If I was renting a property and saw what condition it's in after only two or three days of us being there I would rise my rent accordingly. I think we should look at donegal as an option, loads of rivers we haven't done and there are similar villages near the sea with holiday homes.

Offline clarec

• Committee 10/11
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 17:37:22 »
A move could see the club with three houses and maybe even a person per bed at the beginning and end of the week.

:o
A person per bed?! Whatever this madness is.... I like the sound of it! Goodbye two seater couch....

You should almost have payed the fresher to stay in last years party house.

I'll take mine in cash thank you very much.

But yeah moving sounds like a good plan to me, I mean no matter where we are the banter will be mighty!

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 19:19:53 »
A move could see the club with three houses and maybe even a person per bed at the beginning and end of the week.

Why would you want only one per bed. The premium on beds is, was and always will be intentional.

I think the club should stay in Rossbeigh, I like Glenbeigh...

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
  • Who wants to do that thing we always do?
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 19:38:40 »
Hey manda, I think the only problem with the ross in and spending a night in glenbeigh and stuff is that if the ownwers of the ross Inn are the same next year and there is a few nights where its dead they might not even open the next year.

This year I rang the pub before they closed for the winter to make sure they were gonna be open, I had to promise them there'd be shit loads of people for 6 nights straight for them to be open. And i asked them at the end of the week how business was and they said it was ok - Not great, and that they lost a bit of money from stuff being stolen.

I'm not sure, even having the ross inn open for kerry should be taken as read any more, as u all know the ross inn only opens for the kayaking community for that week, otherwise it closes from late october to late april (around those dates anyway).

Anyway like I said i'm looking forward to Glenbeigh but the whole ross inn thing may be different