Author Topic: And it goes on and on and on and on..........  (Read 7441 times)

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
And it goes on and on and on and on..........
« on: January 11, 2011, 12:00:49 »
Although not everyone went to Kerry, that was the be all and end all of the CANOE CLUB. It was rapid and deadly but we still have other events coming up that will be just as fun but in a shorter amount of time! So for the people who were afraid to be away from Mammy for a week (I know I was), the next events are perfect!!

First of all, we still have our Thursday pool sessions and Saturday trips, so make it down to these, they are great fun and helps you get to know people! There will also be various talks a nights out for the craic sure. Then we have varsities. A weekend much like freshers but we are in a competition against other colleges!! It's in Cork which in itself is awesome (Don't let any of the Corkonians know that I said that). It is from the 18th to the 20th of February. Then we have theCanoe Club ball. No it's not some sporting event where everyone has to re-enact their favourite horse-polo games. It's a black-tie, very formal event where there's dinner and wine and a DJ and lots of dancing. Don't worry, you don't need to bring a date, the Canoe Club is your date at the ball. Durt. The Ball is early March as far as I know.

Phew, big paragraph. Anyways, we'll be nearing the end of your first year with the Canoe Club, it's been eventful an emotional, learning all about us, joining in, realising how odd Eoghan is. I heard he's a mecophile. Anyways, after the Ball there's the prestigious Dee cup for most improved paddler and fresher of the year where the best and most interactive is chosen, don't worry if you aren't chosen, we still love you. That is the Canoe Club year finished then but we aren't like most UCD club, we also have fun with each other outside of college time. See, we are FRIENDS, so we do friend things. This includes, a trip to EASKEY in Co.Sligo. Loads of surfing, lots of sun, plenty of tents and if you get on Alis bad side, hanging tents. This is in June sometime I think. Hopefully I'll be able to go this year but sure I don't know. I'm a metropolitan man in a fast-paced world, people want me so I can't make plans. It's a hard life but someone has got to live it, I don't get enough thanks for it either. >:(

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: And it goes on and on and on and on..........
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:13:51 »
Clarkey who is head honcho or should that be head honchette of the ball said in kerry it was march 5th which is a saturday. Ball is serious black tie, time to dust of that debs dress or in some cases convince people to swap with you, not sure if my finances will stretch to tux rental this year but it is one of the most fun nights to have with the club. I think this year we should have an oldie invasion!
Easkey is the bank holiday weekend in june, so that would be the friday the 3rd to the 6th.

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
  • Who wants to do that thing we always do?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 12:17:05 »
Good work leighton, i for one look forward to all of the above.

Except maybe varsities as its on a TERRIBLE date!!!

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 19:03:31 »
Woooo Varsities, wooooo ball!!! :)

Offline Tiny Tim

• Committee 10/11
  • Ickle Dave
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 15:39:24 »
i love leighton

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 15:43:10 »

Offline Matt

• Senior Treasurer 13/14
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 10:50:00 »
Woo! Three thumbs up for super happy fun kayak times!

Offline Livia

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 20:44:05 »
That's sounds so exciting and adventurous!!!

I'll try to join as often as my master studies will allow it, but one of my New Year's pledge is to get more into kayaking :)

Lovin it and you guys make it soo much more fun!

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 16:02:08 »
can't wait...

Offline Uisce_Emma

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 16:10:22 »
ditto on the New years pledge thing. I was super annoyed when my study decided to get in the way of kayaking, but now I have more time so I'll totally be there for most of the events! Woooot!