Saturday 2nd March - SIGN UP CLOSED

Started by Niall Finch, February 24, 2013, 12:07:38

Previous topic - Next topic

GrampaC

I'm probably going to head to sluice early on Saturday for a freestyle session.
I've space for 3 more in the car if anyone's interested I'll only be going to sluice then heading around 1 as I'm off to Barcelona after.:-)

Stephen

Mashelle Carty

Also meant to say i'd be interested in L3 training

Maryanne

Quote from: Mashelle Carty on February 27, 2013, 22:52:01
I mite be able to go but if I say yes now can I still pull out later in the week if I can't make it?

If you have to pull out then you have to pull out, but make sure to let us know.
I'm assuming that since you're signing up it's unlikely that you'll pull out?

Maryanne


Maryanne

PLAN

L2 Training
Molly-Claire Gillet
Dave Mulrooney

L2 syllabus:  http://canoe.ie/en-us/awardsqualifications/skillsawards.aspx#_Toc286832618
- one change: low brace turn has been replaced with turning on the move
- read through it
- pick out things to work on in the pool (eg anything that involves capsizing)
- pick out things to work on on the river trip (eg the rest)
- tell your (trainee) instructor on the day what you'd like to cover

L3 Training
Ellen McGrane
Deividas Rainys
Katie McLoughlin
Kate Barry
Steven Mulrooney
Garbhan Gorman
Michelle Carty

L3 syllabus:  http://canoe.ie/en-us/awardsqualifications/skillsawards.aspx#_Toc286832619
- read through it
- pick out things to work on in the pool (eg anything that involves capsizing)
- pick out things to work on on the river trip (eg the rest)
- tell your (trainee) instructor on the day what you'd like to cover

Rescue
Diarmuid Ryan
Marie Harrington
Briain Gannon
Róisín Mossop
Derv McAuley
Niall Finch

This week there'll be enough second year rescue to cover the features as a group.
- have a rescue talk before the trip
- plan rescue for the trip (ie asses features yourselves, decide where rescue should go)
- have a debrief after
- check out Liffey rescue tips: http://forum.ucdcanoeclub.com/index.php/topic,11351.0.html
- check out rescue development discussion post: http://forum.ucdcanoeclub.com/index.php/topic,11328.0.html

Logging hours
Niall Bouchier
Derv McAuley
Niall Finch

There are three trainees this week, so you have the option of taking a group each (1 x L2, 2 x L3)
Read over the L2 and L3 syllabi to prepare and as (trainee) instructors be prepared to take a proactive role in organising rescue, prioritising using 2nd and 1st years.

Playboating
Maryanne Doyle
Oisín McHugh

I'll be available to consult about rescue and will go where I'm told, however I plan on being ruined from playboating ;)

Maryanne

Quote from: GrampaC on February 27, 2013, 22:56:50
I'm probably going to head to sluice early on Saturday for a freestyle session.
I've space for 3 more in the car if anyone's interested I'll only be going to sluice then heading around 1 as I'm off to Barcelona after.:-)

Stephen

When would you be arriving at sluice? And are you going from UCD?

Maryanne

Quote from: Briain on February 27, 2013, 10:49:12
Yeah I'm not working! Ill be there!

Just to clarify: do you want to work on L3 skills or would you prefer to rescue?
We could put you in a group where you could do both fo course.

Briain

Whichever really. I think I'm ok for level 3 stuff!

Steven Mul

On which river do we plan on holding the actual level 3 assessments? Is the liffey classed grade 2 or do we need to go to wicklow?

GrampaC

#39
QuoteWhen would you be arriving at sluice? And are you going from UCD?

I can come down and collect anyone from the boathouse. Plan on getting to sluice for 10:30-11:00.
So would be at the boathouse for 10 quickly tie up boats and leave at 10:15 no faffage, no waiting for anyone who's late. Though I will need directions to the boathouse as the last time I was at a boathouse it was in the services yard.

Laters,

Stephen 

Mashelle Carty

Quote from: Maryanne on February 28, 2013, 00:00:12
Quote from: Mashelle Carty on February 27, 2013, 22:52:01
I mite be able to go but if I say yes now can I still pull out later in the week if I can't make it?

If you have to pull out then you have to pull out, but make sure to let us know.
I'm assuming that since you're signing up it's unlikely that you'll pull out?

Ye it's unlikely that I'll pukll out just checking that it's ok

Scabidas

I assume we're going to Liffey this Saturday seeing as some people are going to sluice before hand yes ?

kmck

Driving might go into sluice this time and fall over.

Maryanne

Quote from: Steven Mul on February 28, 2013, 09:21:39
On which river do we plan on holding the actual level 3 assessments? Is the liffey classed grade 2 or do we need to go to wicklow?

The assessments will be on grade two water, so the Liffey or the Boyne most likely.

Maryanne

Quote from: Deividas.Rainys on February 28, 2013, 09:42:53
I assume we're going to Liffey this Saturday seeing as some people are going to sluice before hand yes ?

I actually just assumed that without asking...we should have a definite answer by this evening.