Author Topic: Marathon Training...HELLS YEAH!  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Douchier

Marathon Training...HELLS YEAH!
« on: October 27, 2009, 10:28:36 »
Hey Folks,

A reminder there that there’s a marathon training day being run this Saturday! You’ll get the opportunity to be introduced to marathon racing by Neil Fleming – champion marathon racer and all-round nice guy. He’ll teach you some of the dark arts of going really, really fast in a kayak. You’ll get a chance to use proper racing kayaks and hopefully learn how to use the properly (once you manage to stay upright).

It will be a really interesting day for anyone who wants to try a discipline that they might not get the chance normally. To learn that it’s not just paddling in a straight line and to look at your techniqupe from a whole new point of view.
The training will be on in Celbridge Paddlers CC (<click for map) at 11.30 this Saturday. If you’re interested then email me or give me a buzz and I’ll put your name on the list and provide some more details. Any queries are also welcome.
Once again, I think that this is a really great chance to learn a whole lot – don’t hesitate!

Niall Bouchier – nbouchier@gmail.com / 0863407046

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: Marathon Training...HELLS YEAH!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:33:44 »
It's always good to try a different style of paddling and this could really help your forward stroke. I know I learned a fair bit from the downriver sessions last year.