Author Topic: the boat you've been waiting for  (Read 9283 times)

Offline Dave B

the boat you've been waiting for
« on: May 14, 2007, 17:38:42 »
the new dagger 'us agent' will be unveiled in the greatoutdoors this saturday at 3pm...check it out.. it looks really sweet, and the pictures from the worlds show this boat going HUGE!!   http://holeriders.com/ottawaworlds/pages/20070501-0142.htm

http://www.dagger.com/product.asp?BoatType=WWKayak&BoatID=335

Offline Mark

Re: the boat you've been waiting for
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 18:46:01 »
Did it win? Shit no....

Wait it at least came in the top 3.....right?

No, didnt come ine the top 3 :(

In fact the entire top 3 was made up of the jackson star. How dissapointing for you dave :(.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 09:26:35 »
I'd expect nothing less from you mark... and so to give you the rant I'm sure you want here ya go... winning a competition isn't down to the boat your paddling, its down to he paddlers paddling them, and we all know E.J would have won no matter what boat he was in ... and if you still won't accept that.. the dagger paddlers have only bein paddling the agent for a couple of months so have had to get used to the 'innovative' new double rail among many other aspects of paddling a new boat, E.J and the other Jackson paddlers have been paddling that boat for well over a year now and would be well used to it.... in my post I wasn't saying it's the best boat out there because there's no such thing, different boats suit different people so it's all a matter of opinion and preference, I was simply pointing out the fact that the boat was throwing some huge air in the worlds. rant out... Dave

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 10:22:17 »
Mark,

What Dave is saying is that Jackson Kayaks is better at getting their product to the market in a timely manner, showing their superior marketing awareness to debut their new playboat in good time ahead of the biggest playboating bragging match of the year. That's why EJ blew away the competition to clinch all three top spots.

Jim. 

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 10:44:45 »
i thought what he was saying is that people who paddle dagger kayaks just are not as good as those who paddle jackson kayaks... ;)

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 10:50:42 »
pardon my ignorance but all those photos seem to be of jackson kayak or luquid logic......which ones the agent or did they just not take any photos of it?

i suppose you only take photos of the boats that are worth taking photos of....interesting that.

Offline david

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 10:58:12 »
Yeah, the agent looks shit. I bet I could design a much better boat. 

One with triple rails instead of double and rounded sockets and loads of those little fins on the bottom!!!

Wanna help me mark?

What should we call it and will we release it in Green?

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 11:28:54 »
The clusterfuck! I can already see the diagram on the back.

Offline Mark

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 11:40:12 »
why stop at triple rails? Surely more is better?

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 11:54:38 »
does anyone know if it won "boat of the year 07'"

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 11:58:10 »
why stop at triple rails? Surely more is better?

get the guys at Gillette to help you design it then. they seem to be good at just increasing the number of blades and calling it a new razor...

Offline Dave B

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 11:58:40 »
it's very foolish to assume that pictures are taken purely because of the boat,again it's down to what people were doing, what shots made good photo's for that photographer and he felt were worth putting on his site, and what people that exact photograher saw,
                          sure they could have rushed the production of the agent to get it out long before the competition but they made sure they got everything exactly as they wanted.. In fairness the star has been around for three years and this 'new version' is a very subtle modification- hardly a new boat,
                                 also consider that E.J and Jackson kayaks focus most of their work in the area of freestyle, therefore employing the top rodeo competition paddlers in the world, the ones who are likely to win competitions, how many top creekers/river runners do they have? or even how many top big air freestyle paddlers do they have? the likes of Pat Camblin,Anthony Yap, Rush Sturges, or Marlowe Long,these are the guys pushing the limits of the sport, E.J focuses on the competitive atheletes, if a company focuses on one aspect of the sport as they do they are going to get results

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 12:06:15 »
those head buffs down at dagger sure know how to use copy n' paste....

Offline Jim

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 12:27:41 »
Ouch Richie,

So what Dave is saying is that if Dagger had copy-and-pasted the Jackson boat instead of the Wavesport one, they would have won?

Jim.

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 13:06:10 »
i think thats what hes getting at!!!