Author Topic: Big up Aer Lingus - Boats  (Read 10897 times)

Offline Sara

Big up Aer Lingus - Boats
« on: October 19, 2007, 11:45:29 »
Dropped Caoimhe n Eoinor off at the airport this morning and hung around incase they couldn't get their boats on the plane, turns out Aer Lingus took their boats and paddles for free and checked them straight through to mexico!!

I guess it pays to arrive really early and smile.... and fly Aer Lingus! Good to know

Sara

Offline Mark

Re: Big up Aer Lingus - Boats
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:50:13 »
Aerlingus did the same for me and dee! And then they fucked us over completely.

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 12:30:51 »
A paddle weighs about as much as 500g of vanilla.

No way, it's much heavier than that! I'd say a paddle is at least as heavy as 500g of lead shot. :P

Offline Sara

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 12:33:14 »
30 euro is nothing, Delta charged kerry and I 150euro for our paddles even tough they were all together in a paddle bag.

Sara

Offline Kerry

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 12:35:15 »
hey sara,

did delta ever get back to you ??

Offline Sara

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 12:41:17 »
No actually, im gonna google them now and find a name and send the letter to that person. I just filled in their complaints form online and nobody got back to me!!!

Sara

Offline Kerry

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 12:48:35 »
Ba$tards

Offline SafeDee

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 12:51:01 »
sara praising aerlingus in front of mark and i is NOT recommended! those boat losing bastards.....all they had to do was fly it to london but no... >:(

Offline roz

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 13:13:21 »
try getting two 17 foot kayaks packed with 3 months of supplies to Madagascar.... then you'll know what excess baggage is all about!!

Offline kill

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 13:26:15 »
I agree Sara.

Aer Lingus and BA are nothing short of perfect in their decency, efficiency and ability. I don't think Pia or I slowed down or sped up at any stage between our connected flights. It was all just... easy.

But here's the catch: they have to LIKE you.

Offline Sara

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 13:37:11 »
I suppose but who couldn't like a very tired looking Caoimhe n Eoinor (in matching dayglow orance UCDCC hoodies) at 6.30am! They looked so pityful, I hope aerlingus go through with their promise and actually get the boats to mexico. Im worried now :o/

Sara

Offline Towelyey

• Boobs Officer
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 14:51:04 »
the names caoimheor and it was one jumper cos they are one now!!

the towel has spoken!!

Offline Mark

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 15:16:23 »
Ahh it should be ok if it isn't through heathrow.

Offline meabh

• towel and tortilla on a world wide adventure
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 19:42:58 »
It's the caoimhe part of the caoimheor, she got us through stanstead with a whopping 145kilos between two people for free on the way home from uganda last year.... we just smiled at this nice lady, told her we'd been adventuring in africa for a while, and were on our way home to our mum's to have family dinner....she almost cried...it's an art..

mark and dee you guys could ask caoimhe for help, obviously haven't quite got it down yet....that's if she ever makes it home.

does anyone ever feel sorry for eoghan....he just turns into an or...

Offline Pia!

• Bzz Bzzz Bzzzzzz *plop*
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 11:16:19 »
Aer Lingus and Ba are brilliant. When killian and i got to dublin airport they laughed at the amount of luggage we had and asked us about our travel plans. It was all very pleasant. And on the way back two baggage handlers CARRIED my boat from the plane to where i was standing in the baggage hall- then they KISSED it and threw rose petal on top (ok maybe that parts a lie)
What happened to Mark and Dee- aer lingus left their boats in dublin- lost dee's luggage. They missed their connecting flight to uganda where myself and killian were comfortably sitting on the plane and getting drunk for free. After that had to wait 8 hours in a queue to get a new flight but when they reached uganda it turned out that BA/aer lingus had lost dee's boat/luggage and mark's and dee's paddles. On the way back- Mark went home with kat where their boats were lost somewherre between uganda and dublin. Then me and killian travelled home with dee so that maybe our good luck would rub off on her- but when dee arrived in dublin she found out that AER LINGUS HAD LEFT HER BOAT IN ENGLAND!!!! The only conclusion i can come to is:- aer lingus doesn't like Laois or Gingers

Hilarious